InsurTech is a touchstone for the digital transformation of insurance in Canada.
Insurance-Canada.ca’s InsurTech Spotlight allows any insurance practitioner (insurer, MGA, Broker, insurance services provider, etc.) that is or is becoming an InsurTech, and any that is offering InsurTech(nology) to insurance practitioners, to provide information about their products or services to the insurance community.
Just fill out the submission form. Following review, accepted submissions will be posted on Insurance-Canada.ca and shared with our online audience via the Chronicle weekly industry newsletter.
InsurTech Spotlight Criteria:
There are two categories of InsurTechs:
1. Insurance Practitioners must be:
- regulated in Canada in insurance (reinsurers, insurers, MGAs, Brokers, Agents, Adjusters etc.) or
- be are part of the insurance process (provide data for quoting or underwriting, do lead generation, offer inspections or claims services such as restoration/repair etc.) will be considered insurance practitioners.
- must be doing business in Canada.
- Using leading digital technologies in an innovative way to perform some significant aspect of an insurance business process.
2. InsurTech(nology) Providers:
- must be based in Canada, have an office footprint in Canada or have Canadian insurance practitioners using their technology in Canada.
- and should:
- be offering solutions with leading edge technologies such as predictive analytics, AI, Blockchain, voice, etc.; OR
- be going through or have been though a (in)formal incubation, accelerator, innovation centre process; OR
- have been funded at least in part by a formal InsurTech investment process; OR
- be offering products which display some aspect of industry innovation which responds to a need to be more “digital.”
NOTE: Some firms may be both insurance practitioners and InsurTech(nology) providers – a submission for each is welcome.
To request a form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.