The simplest (yet perhaps the greatest) characteristic that InsurTech brings to insurance is “change” – in product innovation, in customer experience, in processing, in speed and agility. InsurTech is a touchstone for the digital transformation of insurance in Canada.
Insurance-Canada.ca’s InsurTech Spotlight is an index of insurance practitioners and InsurTech(nology) providers who have provided a qualifying submission. Each entry has been inserted into the following sortable table with a link to an expanded description.
To participate, just request and complete the submission form – details are below. Qualifying submissions will be added to the list and shared with our online audience via the Chronicle weekly e-newsletter.
In The Spotlight Now:
(Click a column heading to resort the table.)
|Entry||Business Type||Insurance Area||Maturity|
|Chisel||Technology provider||P&C – Commercial||Startup (<3 years)|
|Apollo Exchange||Insurance practitioner hybrid||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Bobtrak||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Emerging (not in production)|
|ClientDesk||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Skopenow||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Mature (>3 years)|
|BrokerLift||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|AKA Broker||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Mature (>3 years)|
|InsureVue by Click Capital||Technology provider||P&C||Mature (>3 years)|
|Finaeo||Insurance practitioner hybrid||L&H||Startup (<3 years)|
|InsureToday||Insurance practitioner||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|ProNavigator||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Startup (<3 years)|
|Insurego||Insurance practitioner||P&C||Emerging (not in production)|
|aha insurance||Insurance practitioner||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Mavro Imaging||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Mature (>3 years)|
|Swift Digital Insurance||Insurance practitioner||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Eddy Solutions||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Plasmatic Technologies||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Slice Labs||Insurance practitioner hybrid||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Trufla Technology||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Alert Labs||Technology provider||P&C||Startup (<3 years)|
|Volyse||Risk management & travel health||L&H||Startup (<3 years)|
|FindBob||Technology provider||Both P&C and L&H||Mature (>3 years)|
InsurTech Spotlight Submission Criteria
Our InsurTech Spotlight directory allows any insurance practitioner (insurer, MGA, Broker, insurance services provider, etc.) that is – or is becoming – an InsurTech, and any that is offering InsurTech(nology) to insurance practitioners, to provide information about their products or services to the insurance community.
For this purpose we have divided the InsurTech domain into two categories:
1. Insurance Practitioners — these must:
- be regulated in Canada in insurance (reinsurers, insurers, MGAs, Brokers, Agents, Adjusters etc.) OR be another part of the insurance process (provide data for quoting or underwriting, do lead generation, offer inspections or claims services such as restoration/repair, etc.); as such they will be considered insurance practitioners;
- do business in Canada;
- use leading digital technologies in an innovative way to perform some significant aspect of an insurance business process.
2. InsurTech(nology) Providers — these must:
- be based in Canada, have an office footprint in Canada, be actively marketing and selling in Canada, or have Canadian insurance practitioners using their technology in Canada;
- in addition, they should:
- be offering solutions with leading edge technologies such as predictive analytics, AI, Blockchain, voice, etc.; OR
- be going through or have been though a (in)formal incubation, accelerator, innovation centre process; OR
- have been funded at least in part by a formal InsurTech investment process; OR
- be offering products which display some aspect of industry innovation which responds to a need to be more “digital.”
NOTE: Some firms may be both insurance practitioners and InsurTech(nology) providers. To be listed twice, a separate submission is required (and welcomed) for each.
Email [email protected] to request the submission form.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected].