Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
If you are looking for coverage, start from the Auto Insurance page.
News and Articles
- Canada aims for zero-emission cars and passenger trucks by 2035
- SGI’s tips for a safe summer road trip
- SGI and law enforcement focusing on seatbelts and child restraints in June
- IBC statement on Ontario Government’s introduction of MOMS Act
- Swiss Re and Veoneer enter partnership to further improve assessment and enhance development of ADAS technology
- Busted! SGI’s top insurance fraud cases from 2020
- Pull your head out of your apps! Focus on the road
- Economical Insurance Implements CSIO’s My Proof of Insurance for Digital Document Delivery
- So you’ve been charged with impaired driving – Here’s what to expect
- SGI Reports Fewer Road Fatalities in 2020