Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
If you are looking for coverage, start from the Auto Insurance page.
News and Articles
- Safer driving behaviours are hard to sustain, but it can be done
- Evidence mounts for effectiveness of rear autobrake
- It’s Time For Introspection About Intersections
- Canadians can now buy home and auto insurance directly from TDInsurance.com
- LowestRates.ca customers can now compare rates from Onlia, an innovative insurance company rewarding safe behaviour
- “Dear Santa: This year, I wish no one would drive impaired”
- Top 10 stolen vehicles across Canada: Insurance Bureau of Canada’s annual list reveals new trends
- Onlia Safety Index: Increase in Driving Under the Influence Anticipated this Holiday Season
- Most Canadians Say They Feel Unprepared for Winter Driving
- General Motors Aims to Transform the Auto Insurance Industry with OnStar Insurance