Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
If you are looking for coverage, start from the Auto Insurance page.
News and Articles
- August Traffic Spotlight: When you drive, just drive
- Porsche Insurance launches in Canada
- U.S. Traffic Fatalities Reached a 16-Year High in 2021
- IMG Partners with Roamly to Provide Insurance Products to RV Renters
- We need to talk about cannabis and driving
- Canadians Admit to Dangerous Levels of Distraction Behind the Wheel: Travelers Survey
- Determining Where A Damaged Vehicle Should Be Repaired
- Mitchell and Tractable Delivering on Promises of Touchless Estimating
- ICBC launching driving simulation app to help new drivers recognize hazards
- SGI’s top five insurance fraud cases of 2021