Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Smaller Increase in Ontario Auto Insurance Rates in Q2 2018
- Average Auto Insurance Premiums by Province: IBC
- Nine in 10 drivers may be too distracted to drive safely: Allstate Canada Study
- CAA Launches Pay-As-You-Go Auto Insurance In Ontario
- More education and awareness needed as new drug-impaired driving rules take effect July 1
- Business Leaders Say Sharing Customer Insights, Technology and Industry Knowledge is Critical to Competitive Agility
- Drivers: Slow down in construction zones, or you can expect to pay up
- Impaired Drivers Increasingly Likely To Be Caught
- Keeping Pets Safe On Summer Road Trips
- Don’t make a thief’s job easy: Lock your vehicle and take your keys