Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- SGI’s Winter Driving Tips
- If You’re Suspended, Don’t Drive!
- Auto Insurers Earn High Marks for Customer Satisfaction in Claims Process but Struggle to Integrate Digital Claims Reporting Technology
- Search warrants uncover vehicle cloning operation
- New research shows 1.9 million Ontario motorists have driven under the influence of cannabis
- Canadians Concerned About Impaired Driving With Cannabis Legalization
- ICBC Cautions Drivers: Expect unpredictable road conditions this long weekend
- Police are looking for distracted drivers in October
- TIRF Report On Distraction-Related Fatal Collisions
- 8 out of 10 Canadians say they witness distracted driving regularly but just 38% admit to driving distracted themselves