Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 15 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Car Insurance Prices Rise in Alberta, Decline in Ontario
- InsureMy & Trak Global Bring Revolution to New Drivers in Canada
- Is FOMO Driving Distraction Behind the Wheel?
- New measures to combat distracted driving launch this month
- If you’re on your phone, you’ll never see them coming
- How To Report Auto Insurance Fraud
- Smart insurance solutions for Ontario drivers
- Keep up the Canadian spirit on the roads this winter
- Drivers fed up with antiquated rules requiring them to carry paper form “pink slip”
- Improving Railway Crossing Safety Through Driver Education