Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Are you ready for winter? CAA reminds motorists to prepare for the unexpected
- Aviva Canada and Parachute partner to make school zones safer
- Concern about distracted driving in Canada rises dramatically
- 8 in 10 Canadians Admit to Having an “Inadvertent Lead Foot”
- A suspended licence means you’re *not* allowed to drive
- MPI’s Driver Z program and National Teen Driver Safety Week both focused on reducing collisions
- It’s National School Bus Safety Week
- ICBC urges caution as pedestrian injuries increase
- Nearly Half of Drivers Would Give Up Car Ownership in Favor of Autonomous Mobility Solutions
- Drivers getting behind the wheel too soon after consuming cannabis