Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
If you are looking for coverage, start from the Auto Insurance page.
News and Articles
- Police recover 31 stolen and unlawfully towed vehicles in GTA
- Examining Auto’s Future: 2020 Deloitte Global Automotive Consumer Study
- Police Announce Disruption Of High-End Vehicle Theft Ring
- SGI launches new and improved Safe Ride app
- Ontario Police Leaders Team Up With IBC, ASSI to Stop Thefts of Vehicles and Valuables
- Tech-Savvy Thieves Don’t Need Your Keys
- Nearly half of Canadian drivers think vehicle safety technology poses a risk to road safety
- Half of accident victims just don’t know what to do
- More Than 740,000 Autonomous-Ready Vehicles to Be Added to Global Market in 2023: Gartner Forecast
- Heads up: Distracted driving penalties are getting tougher