Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
If you are looking for coverage, start from the Auto Insurance page.
News and Articles
- Swiss Re and Daimler launch Movinx to transform automotive and mobility insurance business
- CAA MyPace™ pay-as-you-go auto insurance now available in Atlantic Canada
- Onlia to Reward Canadians’ Good Driving Behaviour with Ultimate Dining Card®
- October spotlight on distracted driving
- Study shows front crash prevention works for large trucks too
- SGI’s tips to keep you safe while driving in farm country during harvest season
- Alcohol-detection systems could prevent more than a fourth of U.S. road fatalities
- Ford and Mobileye Expand Relationship to Offer Better Camera-Based Collision Avoidance
- 700 drivers reminded that distracted driving is still against the law
- IBC Hails Ontario Announcement Increasing Oversight of Towing Industry