Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Next-Generation Volkswagen Car-Net® Combines Value With A High-Level Connected Experience
- Canadian startup RVezy obtains BC Insurance Policy for RVs
- Chubb Launches First-of-Its-Kind Solution to Protect Auto Clients’ Personally Identifiable Information After A Total Loss
- Electronic Proof of Auto Insurance Receives Approval in Ontario
- IBC Supports Ontario Government’s Innovative Approach to Electronic Pink Slips
- Pop Quiz: Do you know how to #KeepKidsSafe?
- Porsche expands subscription offer in US and Canada
- 9 in 10 U.S. Drivers Confessed To Dangerous Driving Behaviours In The Past Year
- Stratford Gives B.C. Drivers More Options on Optional Auto Insurance
- Fewer road injuries and fatalities in 2018 versus 10-year average