Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- 10 automakers equipped most of their 2018 vehicles with automatic emergency braking
- Additional Collision Reporting Centre to Open in Waterloo Region for Enhanced Customer Service
- Busted! SGI releases top five auto insurance fraud schemes
- 87 people lost their vehicle for a week because of cellphone tickets last year
- Kanetix.ca Reveals Ontario’s Most Expensive Cities for Auto Insurance
- Are drivers in denial? Only 43 per cent of Ontarians admit to being distracted behind the wheel
- Satisfaction with Auto Insurers at Risk as Record-Level Claims Drive Premiums Higher
- Aon announces strategic partnership with Jaguar Land Rover Canada
- What’s it going to take to make it click?
- Driver distraction from cellphone use increases 57 percent over prior survey