Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Ontario drivers, have your say in consultation: IBC
- Top 5 Fraud Cases of 2018: MPI
- South Simcoe Police Service to Open Collision Reporting Centres
- New Year’s Resolution: Be a Safe Driving Advocate in 2019
- New year, new tools to combat impaired driving
- Where’s the safest place to drive in Canada?
- Canada’s Top 10 Stolen Vehicles
- More Options For A Safe Ride Home
- Highest-ever number of distracted driving tickets last month? That’s a bad look!
- ICBC shares Drive Smart tips for the holiday shopping season