Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- ICBC urges drivers to watch for cyclists and share the road this summer
- CAA Insurance unveils pay-as-you-go auto insurance program
- Distracted driving-related accidents rise dramatically, Aviva Canada claims data shows
- Car & booster seats are mandatory for kids, and SGI has a new grant to help
- What’s Happening With Ontario Auto Insurance Rates?
- A virtual look at the reality of impaired driving
- Travelers Canada Poll Identifies Causes of Distracted Driving
- Police are good at catching distracted drivers
- Ontario Auto Rates Rose In Q1 2018
- Aviva Canada investigation = consumer protection