Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before you purchase your car insurance.
- What types of coverage does my province require?
- What optional coverages exist, and which ones should I consider purchasing?
- What are my options for deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage, and how much does changing the deductible affect my premium?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is in the shop because of a claim?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car, or a borrowed car, from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- Am I eligible for any special discounts, such as a driver's training discount, students' discount, alumni discount, or winter tire discount?
- Is there another insurance company offering a lower rate than my current company?
- Is my driving record affecting my rate?
- As my insurance professional, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
Whatever types of coverage you're looking for, ShopInsuranceCanada.ca is a great place to start researching the nuances of car insurance in Ontario. Be sure to use their instant quoting tool to compare rates from 25 different insurance companies in just a few minutes.
News and Articles
- Are Paper Pink Slips ‘Outdated Technology’?
- Is your car ready for the summer heat?
- #SlowDown in the #OrangeZone and help keep workers safe
- Take Back Our Roads: Aviva Canada Launches Social Impact Platform
- Porsche Financial Services Introduces Porsche Auto Insurance
- U.S. Auto Insurance Satisfaction Surges as Customers Adopt Direct-to-Consumer Models
- Introducing Bucklebot, SGI’s new ambassador of seatbelt safety
- Sharing the Road with Motorcycles
- The fast and the furious: Escalating commuter stress compounding GTA’s road safety crisis
- “Distracted driving kills”: SGI launches safety campaign