While the health-care system in Canada ensures that virtually everyone living here has access to medical services in any part of the country, it doesn't cover everything. That's where private, or extended, health insurance comes in: it is meant to pick up where your government plan ends. Private health insurance is not the same as emergency health – or travel medical – insurance that you may consider purchasing when you travel outside Canada. Rather, it covers the day-to-day surgeries and treatments that can add up to big bills.
Visitors to Canada who did not purchase adequate travel health coverage, or those newly resident in Canada but not yet covered by the provincial health plan, can buy Visitor to Canada insurance.
If you are looking for travel health insurance, you should check the travel section as well – many providers offer both general and travel health products.
- Medical Marijuana: Smoke and Mirrors or Valid Health Plan Coverage?By Martin Eising, HealthQuotes.ca Inc. Aurora, ON (Apr. 19, 2018) – A hot topic of discussion these days is the issue of medical marijuana. Opinions on marijuana and its effectiveness treating various diseases and medical conditions vary widely. Some people say it can be used to effectively treat ...
Head Office in Toronto
Serving all of Canada
News and Articles
- Medical Marijuana: Smoke and Mirrors or Valid Health Plan Coverage?
- Sun Life Offers Virtual Doctor On Demand
- Sun Life’s digital coach — Ella — now available to all Canadians
- SSQ Insurance takes another step toward health and wellness with its new telemedicine service
- Canadians Struggle to Discuss Financial Challenges Due to Shame and Embarrassment
- Insurer, University Partner to Study Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- The Edge Benefits Announces a Game Changing New Health and Dental Plan
- Canadians Are In The Dark About Managing The Care And Finances Of Their Aging Parents
- The Edge Benefits Announces a National Distribution Alliance
- Sun Life first Canadian insurer to launch National Healthcare Provider Ratings Network