While the health-care system in Canada ensures that virtually everyone living here has access to medical services in any part of the country, it doesn't cover everything. That's where private, or extended, health insurance comes in: it is meant to pick up where your government plan ends. Private health insurance is not the same as emergency health – or travel medical – insurance that you may consider purchasing when you travel outside Canada. Rather, it covers the day-to-day surgeries and treatments that can add up to big bills.
Visitors to Canada who did not purchase adequate travel health coverage, or those newly resident in Canada but not yet covered by the provincial health plan, can buy Visitor to Canada insurance.
If you are looking for travel health insurance, you should check the travel section as well – many providers offer both general and travel health products.
- Younger Working Canadians more likely to value virtual healthcare and to use it for mental health servicesDigital tools in insurance benefits can help employers improve employee morale and health: RBC Insurance 72 per cent of working Canadians would perceive their employer more positively if their employer offered a virtual care or telemedicine solution through its group benefits, a more common belief ...
News and Articles
- Younger Working Canadians more likely to value virtual healthcare and to use it for mental health services
- SSQ Insurance expands digital healthcare with cognitive behavioural therapy
- Insurers and healthcare groups collaborate to help providers and patients better understand health insurance benefits
- Co-operators launching Mental Health Medical Second Opinion service with proven results
- Workplace mental health programs have significant ROI: Deloitte research
- VUMI, Humania partner to launch a unique international health insurance plan
- Allianz Care launches healthcare plans for the modern family
- How Sun Life is transforming digital healthcare one click at a time
- Manulife and Mila partner to boost health and financial wellness in Canada
- CSA Reminds Travellers of Looming Cuts to Ontario Health Coverage