While the health-care system in Canada ensures that virtually everyone living here has access to medical services in any part of the country, it doesn't cover everything. That's where private, or extended, health insurance comes in: it is meant to pick up where your government plan ends. Private health insurance is not the same as emergency health – or travel medical – insurance that you may consider purchasing when you travel outside Canada. Rather, it covers the day-to-day surgeries and treatments that can add up to big bills.
Visitors to Canada who did not purchase adequate travel health coverage, or those newly resident in Canada but not yet covered by the provincial health plan, can buy Visitor to Canada insurance.
If you are looking for travel health insurance, you should check the travel section as well – many providers offer both general and travel health products.
- Lumino Health Virtual Care EAP service now available to Sun Life Group Benefits ClientsStress Management and Well-Being program also available on the platform Toronto, ON (July 4, 2022) – Sun Life’s Group Benefits is rolling out a new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to its Clients throughout Canada. The new EAP platform available on Lumino Health Virtual Care, gives Sun ...
News and Articles
- Lumino Health Virtual Care EAP service now available to Sun Life Group Benefits Clients
- Pandemic fallout: Canadian workers losing 41 working days per year to absences and presenteeism
- More Canadians now perceive mental illness as a disability: RBC Poll
- Telus Health launches Virtual Pharmacy service in Canada
- Canadian Employer Medical Benefit Costs to Grow 7% in 2022: Aon Survey
- Sun Life Canada launches Sun Life Health to help Canadians lead healthier lives
- Health Gorilla and Optimity Partner to Enhance Carriers’ Risk Assessment, Customer Engagement
- Life and health insurers paid $100 billion to support Canadians through the pandemic, 2020 data shows
- Beneva partners with MedHelper to foster medication adherence
- AXA collaborates with Microsoft to create next-gen standard of health & well-being services