While the health-care system in Canada ensures that virtually everyone living here has access to medical services in any part of the country, it doesn't cover everything. That's where private, or extended, health insurance comes in: it is meant to pick up where your government plan ends. Private health insurance is not the same as emergency health – or travel medical – insurance that you may consider purchasing when you travel outside Canada. Rather, it covers the day-to-day surgeries and treatments that can add up to big bills.
Visitors to Canada who did not purchase adequate travel health coverage, or those newly resident in Canada but not yet covered by the provincial health plan, can buy Visitor to Canada insurance.
If you are looking for travel health insurance, you should check the travel section as well – many providers offer both general and travel health products.
- Matrix Labour Leasing Partners with Besurance Corporation to launch Free Health and Wellness Program to Clients, Colleagues, and EmployeesCalgary, AB (Apr. 10, 2019) – Over the next five days, more than 30,000 people connected to Matrix Labour Leasing will receive an invitation to access a free health and wellness program on Besurance Corporation’s You 2.0 mobile app platform. “We are really excited about this launch,” said Shannon ...
News and Articles
- Matrix Labour Leasing Partners with Besurance Corporation to launch Free Health and Wellness Program to Clients, Colleagues, and Employees
- Health Insurance Coverage For Diabetics
- Sun Life Financial launches first-of-its-kind digital health network to help Canadians live healthier lives
- Canadian Junior Hockey League players face off against concussions
- University of Guelph students to pilot new crisis text line
- All Canadians must have access to prescription medications at fair cost: FCCQ
- Watch your step! Falls are sending more Canadians to the hospital than ever before
- Medical Marijuana: Smoke and Mirrors or Valid Health Plan Coverage?
- Sun Life Offers Virtual Doctor On Demand
- Sun Life’s digital coach — Ella — now available to all Canadians