7th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Executive Forum
Wednesday, August 28, 2019, at the St. James Cathedral Centre
For a limited time, enter the code SHOWCASE when you register and get FREE instant access to on-demand thought leadership sessions on disruption and InsurTech in the Canadian P&C industry!
Free webinar by Accident Support Services and Aviva Canada
Held Wednesday, July 17, at 12pm noon (ET)
Insurance Industry News
- BeniPlus and Tia Health Enter into Distribution Agreement
- Use of increasingly advanced analytics may present a crucial way for P&C insurers to unlock tangible value
- Chubb Introduces CoverPlus, Featuring Expanded Liability Insurance Solutions for Middle Market Manufacturers
- AIG, Player’s Health Partner To Offer Participant Accident Insurance To Amateur Sports Group
- BrandSpark Announces 2019 ‘Most Trusted’ Awards for Financial Services
- The productivity imperative in insurance: McKinsey
- CSIO Launches INNOTECH Innovation and Emerging Technology Advisory Committee
- Impact Applications And Player’s Health Announce Partnership To Provide FDA-Approved Concussion Testing
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans Gaining Popularity, Building Digital Capabilities
- Total Cost of Risk Increased Year-Over-Year: 2019 RIMS Benchmark Survey
- Grenville Mutual Insurance Company Chooses Cognition+ as Core Platform Provider
- Brokerlink Expands With Acquisition of A-Plus
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- The Future of Insurance in an On-Demand WorldAug 23, 2019By Denise Garth, SVP – Strategic Marketing, Majesco — Last week Manish Shah and I attended SVIA’s Digital Insurance Leadership Series: On-Demand Insurance in Palo Alto, California. Attending with us were a number of industry leaders who are ...
- ‘Gradually, Then Suddenly’: Insurers Must Prepare for Exponential Doubling of Computing CapacityAug 21, 2019In claims, and across the entire insurance enterprise, the pace of technology-driven change is accelerating — By Stephen Applebaum, Insurance Solutions Group — The phrase “gradually, then suddenly,” is spoken in Ernest Hemingway’s 1926 novel The Sun ...
- InsurTech, Climate Change, and a Tight RopeAug 19, 2019While there are exceptions, the insurance industry is (still) not well known for using new technologies. This was true in the past, but insurance leaders are bringing together various organizations which provide different views of internal and ...
- InsurTech in 2025: Will it Fade or Dominate?Aug 15, 2019New SMA Blog by Mark Breading, Partner, Strategy Meets Action — Say what you will about the InsurTech movement; it still seems to be chugging along quite nicely. InsurTech has had its ebbs and flows since emerging out of the FinTech movement in the ...
- Driving Value from AI in Insurance: Delivering Success with Sun Life and ScotiabankAug 14, 2019By Ira Sopic, Project Director, Insurance Nexus — Much discussed, yet often misunderstood, it’s clear that Artificial Intelligence is set to dominate the global Insurance sector for the foreseeable future – and Canada is no different. Despite being ...
- Free webinar: Automating the FNOL to Improve Customer Satisfaction, featuring Accident Support Services International and Aviva Canada – Wednesday, July 17 at Noon (ET)
- The 2019 Executive Forum, “Insurance in the Platform Economy,” will be held August 28 at the St. James Cathedral Centre in downtown Toronto. Register today for the lowest early-bird rates! Save the date in MS Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our 17th annual Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” in Toronto. Photos from ICTC2019 are now online. Access the podcast!
- Congratulations to the 2019 ICTA winners! View photos or see the results of the People's Choice award.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise.” Photos are now online.
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO. See photos or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!