17th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Tuesday & Wednesday, Feb. 26-27, 2019
Insurance Industry News
- Majesco Makes Strategic Moves to Accelerate Cloud Growth
- Applied Systems Announces Applied Rating Services 2019
- More Than 1 in 4 Finance Departments Expect to Deploy Artificial Intelligence by 2020
- BrokerLink Expands Presence In Southern Ontario
- John Hancock and Vitality Prove Incentives Boost Physical Activity Rates
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Acquires Accompass Inc.
- More Options For A Safe Ride Home
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- IBM Talent Business Uses AI To Rethink The Modern Workforce
- Has water damaged your home?
- A Provocative View on the Future of P&C Claims
- Consumers Buying From Companies That Take A Stand on Issues They Care About—and Ditching Those That Don’t
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- Climate Change, Big Water, and Parametric Disaster CoverageDec 10, 2018Over the last few decades, climate change has garnered interest and concern. With the exception of a few deniers, most folks recognize that more destructive events – water, fire, etc. – will cause damages and injuries, some of which ...
- InsurTech: Time is of the EssenceNov 26, 2018Maybe I’m looking with skeptical eyes, but it seems that some insurance organizations are viewing InsurTech more as ‘saying’ than ‘doing.’ While there are new approaches by brokers and insurers, there is not an even approach. I’d be very ...
- How MGAs are positioned to innovate in the insurance marketNov 19, 2018Managing general agents (MGAs) and innovation go well together. A combination of resources, agility, and specialist knowledge sets MGAs apart from other players in insurance, whether carriers, wholesalers, or brokers. An MGA typically has a focus on ...
- Customer Experience is the Product, and Other Takeaways from InsurTechTO 2018Nov 16, 2018Last week, I spoke at the InsurTechTO conference in Toronto. The theme of the conference was “Driving Advantage from InsurTech,” with an eye on being ready for the insurance industry’s evolution. My main contribution to the event was a presentation ...
- The Giant is Awake?Nov 13, 2018In early 2018, Rick Huckstep – one of the trend-setters in the InsurTech world – wrote about milestones that he encountered since 2015. These were early days, and practitioners were simply mirroring Fintech (banking, etc.). However, by the end of ...
- Register now for the 17th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” Feb. 26 & 27, 2019, in Toronto. Extra early-bird savings until December 31st – act now!
- Thanks to everyone who attended, sponsored, or presented at the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise” on Nov. 27 – presented in partnership with Pathway Partners and CAMGA. Photos from the event are now online!
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO, and special thanks to those who presented or sponsored. See the photos from the event or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!
- Free webinar on-demand: Digital Trends & E-Signatures for Canadian Insurance, presented by OneSpan
- Free webinar on-demand! Modern Data Platforms: Dealing with Disruption in the Era of Advanced Analytics and AI, by X by 2.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the 2018 Executive Forum and to those who presented or sponsored. View photos from the event or catch up on all the sessions with on-demand video access!