18th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Register now for Tuesday, Feb. 25 & Wednesday, Feb. 26
Early-bird prices are in effect until Jan. 31! Sign up today!
Free webinar by Accident Support Services and Aviva Canada
Held Wednesday, July 17, at 12pm noon (ET)
Insurance Industry News
- Severe Weather Caused $1.3 Billion in Insured Damage in 2019
- Economic losses from natural disasters top $232 billion in 2019: Aon catastrophe report
- Younger Working Canadians more likely to value virtual healthcare and to use it for mental health services
- Novarica Checklist Helps Insurers Optimize New Vendor Relationships
- CFC launches new cyber excess policy
- IMS Brings Carrot UBI Platform to North American Insurers
- Three Insurance Veterans Launch Vailo Insurance Services
- Business Challenge 2020: Keeping Pace With the Rising Expectations for Artificial Intelligence
- Property/Casualty Insurers See Increase in Net Underwriting Gains and Record Surplus in the First Nine Months of 2019
- Accenture Opens New Intelligent Operations Center in Canada to Help World’s Leading Companies Power Growth
- Crawford streamlines auto claims with self-service app
- Aviva improves auto claims process with new analytics tool
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- AI in Insurance: Overhyped or Underestimated?Jan 20, 2020New SMA Blog by Mark Breading, Partner, Strategy Meets Action — Technologies in the artificial intelligence family have great potential in insurance, according to a recent SMA survey of P&C insurance executives.* This should come as no surprise ...
- CES2020: Big Themes Relevant for P&C InsuranceJan 13, 2020New SMA Blog by Mark Breading, Partner, Strategy Meets Action — The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas (CES) is where the latest TVs, smartphones, and a plethora of smart gadgets of every imaginable kind are introduced and on display. ...
- What Human Work Can Machines Perform?Dec 19, 2019Insurance practitioners are always developing new methods to improve communications and expand data applications. Some are on the edge of 100% digital communication and applications (completely paperless). Interested? Read on. Lloyd’s helped ...
- How much will a distracted driving conviction increase your auto insurance?Dec 16, 2019By Lisa Coxon, LowestRates.ca — A driver distracted by their cell phone is four times more likely to crash than one who’s not, according to Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation. In some parts of Canada, in fact, distracted driving is beginning to be ...
- How to Protect Your New Holiday Presents With Contents InsuranceDec 11, 2019By Jason MacDonald, Foxquilt — Whether or not you wanted them to, family and friends often use the holiday season as a way to express their care for you with gifts and presents! And although it’s really the thought that counts when it comes to ...
- Free webinar: Automating the FNOL to Improve Customer Satisfaction, featuring Accident Support Services International and Aviva Canada – Wednesday, July 17 at Noon (ET)
- The 2019 Executive Forum, “Insurance in the Platform Economy,” will be held August 28 at the St. James Cathedral Centre in downtown Toronto. Register today for the lowest early-bird rates! Save the date in MS Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our 17th annual Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” in Toronto. Photos from ICTC2019 are now online. Access the podcast!
- Congratulations to the 2019 ICTA winners! View photos or see the results of the People's Choice award.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise.” Photos are now online.
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO. See photos or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!