18th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Join your peers Tuesday, Feb. 25 & Wednesday, Feb. 26
Free webinar by Accident Support Services and Aviva Canada
Held Wednesday, July 17, at 12pm noon (ET)
Insurance Industry News
- Element AI Announces Knowledge Scout to Help Organizations Turn Data Into Insights
- Applied Systems to Acquire Indio Technologies to Accelerate Digitization of Commercial Lines Submissions
- Ontario Police Leaders Team Up With IBC, ASSI to Stop Thefts of Vehicles and Valuables
- Quantum Computing to Affect Insurer Tech Strategies
- U.S. P&C Core Systems Evaluation: Moving Beyond the Basics
- Apollo Exchange wins Digital Innovator of the Year
- Tech-Savvy Thieves Don’t Need Your Keys
- AI Use Expected to Increase in Risk and Compliance Efforts
- First Choice Disaster Restoration Joins DKI Canada
- People Corporation Announces Acquisition of the Apri Group of Companies
- Remarks by Don Forgeron at IBC’s Commercial Insurance Symposium
- Big data opens new horizons for insurance companies
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- Holiday Safety and Home Insurance TipsDec 5, 2019By Jason MacDonald, FoxQuilt— Fall and winter may mean cold and frosty weather in Ontario and across most of Canada, but these months also mark some of the biggest holidays of the year, including Christmas/Hanukkah and New Year’s Eve. ...
- A Year-End Look Back On 2019Dec 4, 2019This was a very busy year, chock full of new developments in insurance. As the Intersection blog begins to wind down for the holiday season, we are taking stock of 2019 with the added clarity of hindsight and thinking back over some of the major ...
- A New Bet on The Insurance Technology Leaders of the FutureDec 2, 2019New SMA Blog by Karen Pauli, Principal, Strategy Meets Action — In five years, the premier insurance technology providers will be Aon, Marsh, Munich Re, Allianz, and Swiss Re. This is a fairly radical statement to make, but it is not made without ...
- Climate Change and Impacts on InsuranceNov 25, 2019I must confess that the topic of climate change had not been a central focus of my earlier insurance & technology blogs. I know that there are changes occurring on the earth and in the atmosphere, and that these changes have the capacity to ...
- Claims – Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place – No More!Nov 22, 2019New SMA Blog by Karen Pauli, Principal, Strategy Meets Action — According to Grammarist.com, the phrase “caught between a rock and a hard place” came about in the early 1900s in Bisbee, Arizona, where miners who were seeking better working ...
- Free webinar: Automating the FNOL to Improve Customer Satisfaction, featuring Accident Support Services International and Aviva Canada – Wednesday, July 17 at Noon (ET)
- The 2019 Executive Forum, “Insurance in the Platform Economy,” will be held August 28 at the St. James Cathedral Centre in downtown Toronto. Register today for the lowest early-bird rates! Save the date in MS Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our 17th annual Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” in Toronto. Photos from ICTC2019 are now online. Access the podcast!
- Congratulations to the 2019 ICTA winners! View photos or see the results of the People's Choice award.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise.” Photos are now online.
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO. See photos or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!