Free webinar by Accident Support Services and Aviva Canada
Held Wednesday, July 17, at 12pm noon (ET)
Insurance Industry News
- As InsurTech Wave Matures, Insurers See Partners More Than Competitors
- Responsible AI in Financial Services: TD Report
- J.S. Held Expands Building Consulting Practice in Canada with the Acquisition of SPECS
- Cover Genius Delivers for ShipStation’s Global Merchant Network with Customer-Centric Insurance Solutions
- Travelers Uses 3D Technology from HOVER to Help Make Property Damage Inspections Quicker and Safer
- Canadian startup RVezy obtains BC Insurance Policy for RVs
- Apollo now powers more than 50 independent brokerages across the country
- JBA launches the first probabilistic global flood model
- Claims Management Continues to Be an Area for Strategic Innovation; Novarica Profiles 9 Vendor Solutions
- Home Insurance Customer Satisfaction Declines, Opening Door for Insurtech Disruptors
- Digital Transformation in Insurance: Current Benchmark and Future Roadmap
- Element AI Raises CAD $200M Series B Round to Transform Commercial Operations of Company
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- Artificial Intelligence Adoption: Wonderful, or Wonder Why?Sep 16, 2019Since the beginning of commercial insurance technology – roughly in the 1950s from my perspective – there have been long-view opportunists who seek intelligent technologies. These would imitate humans’ cognitive functions and, perhaps, would ...
- We’re Not in Kansas Anymore, DorothySep 12, 2019Back in the mid-1970s, I accepted a job at the Red Cross as a disaster manager, which included planning, executing, responding, and mitigating results to help people recover after natural catastrophes. Each event had its own nuances, and most ...
- The Homeowners Insurance Quoting Process: Is It Improving?Sep 9, 2019New SMA Blog by Karen Pauli, Principal, Strategy Meets Action — One of the big areas of focus across the insurance industry, in general, has been to streamline the application/quoting process. Whether it’s agents who are submitting applications for ...
- What’s the Best Approach to the Small Commercial Market?Sep 4, 2019New SMA Blog by Mark Breading, Partner, Strategy Meets Action — The small commercial insurance market is hot – there’s no doubt it. In fact, the entire small business environment is quite active, with around 11 million businesses that employ less ...
- Insurance in the Platform EconomySep 3, 2019According to Doug Grant, partner at Insurance-Canada.ca, Inc., many of the folks who heard about Amazon in 1994 really thought that Jeff Bezos was chasing shadows. However, the Internet demonstrated that ‘virtual’ efforts could not only ...
- Free webinar: Automating the FNOL to Improve Customer Satisfaction, featuring Accident Support Services International and Aviva Canada – Wednesday, July 17 at Noon (ET)
- The 2019 Executive Forum, “Insurance in the Platform Economy,” will be held August 28 at the St. James Cathedral Centre in downtown Toronto. Register today for the lowest early-bird rates! Save the date in MS Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our 17th annual Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” in Toronto. Photos from ICTC2019 are now online. Access the podcast!
- Congratulations to the 2019 ICTA winners! View photos or see the results of the People's Choice award.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise.” Photos are now online.
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO. See photos or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!