17th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Tuesday & Wednesday, Feb. 26-27, 2019
Insurance Industry News
- Severe Weather Causes $1.9 Billion in Insured Damage in 2018
- CES2019 Recap: Six Themes for Insurers to Consider
- WEMIC launches online quoting with MCCG Solution
- New Study of More than 100 Insurers Finds Success Among Early Adopters of Emerging Technologies
- Technology Top of Mind for Financial Executives
- Marketing Strategies at Risk Due to Changes in Consumer Behaviors, Technology Innovation: Gartner
- Crawford® Expands Servicing Capabilities in Northern Ontario with the Addition of Blair Boilard and Team
- Ontario drivers, have your say in consultation: IBC
- Key Cyber Security Trends to Watch in 2019
- IBAC Mobilizes Partner Support for Data Exchange Operational Model
- Improving The Customer Experience With A Chatbot
- Completing The Broker-Company Circle: Full Life-Cycle On-Line Real-Time
Latest Posts At The Intersection
- Blockchain: Another Star on the HorizonJan 14, 2019On a disruption scale from 1 to 10, Blockchain could take the 10. But understanding it and making it work, on a difficulty scale from 1 to 10, might just rate a 15! Going deeper, I believe that Blockchain is just not something that is intuitive, or ...
- Driving DisruptionJan 6, 2019Back in the 1990s, two insurers – Aviva and Progressive – started to look to automotive technology to get a leg up on competitors. Automobile manufacturers provided access to travel information as well as the health of the vehicle. ...
- New Insurance & New Tech for a New Year?Jan 1, 2019Happy New Year! And with the new year, insurers and brokers are introducing new insurance products tied in to new technologies. Pretty slick. The outstanding question is simple: Will users take the digital bait? Let’s look at two experts. ...
- Communicating in Today’s LanguageDec 16, 2018Back on 12 November 2017, I published a post, ‘The 4th Generation of the Previously Unthinkable.’ The purpose was to describe how technology emerges and overtakes old paradigms. And a funny thing happened. I expected that we’d get ...
- Climate Change, Big Water, and Parametric Disaster CoverageDec 10, 2018Over the last few decades, climate change has garnered interest and concern. With the exception of a few deniers, most folks recognize that more destructive events – water, fire, etc. – will cause damages and injuries, some of which ...
- Register now for the 17th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference, “A New Insurance Order,” Feb. 26 & 27, 2019, in Toronto. Extra early-bird savings until December 31st – act now!
- Thanks to everyone who attended, sponsored, or presented at the MGA Symposium, “Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise” on Nov. 27 – presented in partnership with Pathway Partners and CAMGA. Photos from the event are now online!
- Thank you to all who attended InsurTechTO, and special thanks to those who presented or sponsored. See the photos from the event or catch up on the presentations with on-demand video access!
- Free webinar on-demand: Digital Trends & E-Signatures for Canadian Insurance, presented by OneSpan
- Free webinar on-demand! Modern Data Platforms: Dealing with Disruption in the Era of Advanced Analytics and AI, by X by 2.
- Thanks to everyone who attended the 2018 Executive Forum and to those who presented or sponsored. View photos from the event or catch up on all the sessions with on-demand video access!