Exercise through a wide variety of both individual and team sports is recognized as a good way to achieve better health and a correspondingly improved lifestyle. Schools and communities often place great emphasis on their local teams, ranging from children's or adults' house leagues to professionally managed ‘amateur’ teams.
Many sports professionals earn their living as elite members of their chosen sports. Winning fame and admiration, these athletes often have a variety of income sources.
Like anyone else, those who participate in sports activities, whether amateur or professional, have their good health and their related equipment which can be, and in most cases should be, insured. The more that their livelihood depends on their sport, the more important the consideration of insurance. This section offers providers of a number of types of insurance specifically targeted at sports participants.
- Edwards Insurance Announces Travel Health Insurance For High Risk Sports ParticipantsCannington, ON (Aug. 24, 2016) – Edwards Insurance is pleased to announce that we are now able to insure high risk sports. This insurance is available for most sports including such risky sports as base jumping, bull riding, motorized speed contests and many more. Typically high risk sport ...
News and Articles
- Edwards Insurance Announces Travel Health Insurance For High Risk Sports Participants
- ENCON Launches New Sports, Leisure and Recreation Program
- Spring, Sports and Insurance
- Allied World North America and Venture Insurance Programs Launch Sportsman Coverage
- Insurance Brokers and the Canadian Ski Patrol Encourage Safety on the Slopes