Businesses, non-profits and charities all purchase or consider the purchase of insurance as part of good management practices. In larger organizations, risk managers are continually evaluating various risks to the organization and implement programs to reduce and manage those risks, and purchase insurance to backstop remaining exposures. Smaller organizations may depend to a greater extent on the advice of insurance specialists to help identify those risks and select insurance to help ameliorate the losses should they occur.
In this section providers of insurance and other products, often with a specific focus, promote their services. As well, the articles and announcements listed below, where applicable, provide additional information in your risk assessment and insurance purchasing decisions.
- Insurers support small businesses with Business Insurance Action TeamBusiness Insurance Action Team to address commercial insurance challenges facing bars, restaurants, pubs and event halls Toronto, ON (Nov. 23, 2020) – Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) has announced that its Business Insurance Action Team (BIAT) has launched and is ready to help to find viable ...
News and Articles
- Insurers support small businesses with Business Insurance Action Team
- Insurers step up to help small businesses in Ontario
- Hiscox and Thimble partner to offer short-term business insurance plans by the hour, day or month
- Farmers Edge Continues Wave of Digital Disruption in Crop Insurance with Landslide of New Agency Partnerships
- Ecclesiastical shares best practices for disinfecting premises
- HeyBryan & Duuo Announce Launch Plans for Duuo Gig Insurance
- CFIB statements on COVID-19 disruptions, government response
- Three fiscal measures to address the coronavirus
- Half of small firms report a drop in sales due to pandemic
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Releases White Paper on Business Implications of COVID-19