When a loss has occurred, the insured reports that incident to the insurer. In some cases, the insurer may choose to outsource that first report to a service. Whoever is taking the initial report, or a more detailed report following, may use a set of third party tools or services to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the reporting process.
In other cases, forces outside the insurer's process may cause a unique situation, Although this may also be the case in other jurisdictions, several municipalities in the Province of Ontario direct those involved in non-serious traffic accidents to a police accident reporting centre to reduce the deployment of police to accident scenes. Although companies may set up their own adjusting services in this same location, many insurers have chosen to use the services of a third party in these centres to at least take the first report and provide some unique damaged-vehicle services.
See also the latest news in insurance claims.
When in doubt check it out
Facilitating reporting of traffic collisions, in partnership with the insurance industry and police. Member Insurers realize immediate service and financial benefits:
- F.N.O.L. Integration directly from Police Station;
- Early claim intervention directly from the Police Reporting Centre;
- View complete reports & digital photos in real-time from your desktop;
- Immediate photo imaging of damage reduces fraud;
- Analytics tool with industry comparisons for claims management, investigations, underwriting, marketing, and a powerful strategic planning tool;
- Direct telephone links to your claim department, or in-house adjusting facilities in our Reporting Centres available.
- Appraisal costs;
- Rental car expenses;
- Direct repair program use;
- Customer service;
News and Articles
- Canadian Insured Losses from Catastrophic Events In 2022 Surpass $3 Billion
- Climate change & La Niña drive 2022 natural disaster losses: Munich Re
- Canadian Independent Adjusters’ Association Launches a New Online Claims Specialty Portal
- USAA to Leverage New Digital Capability From CCC Intelligent Solutions to Streamline First Party Casualty Claims Experience for Policyholders
- Auto and Home Insurance Claims Processes Suffer Digital Growing Pains: J.D. Power
- New online home for SGI’s salvage vehicle sales
- Aviva Canada Selects Mitchell Solutions to Help Streamline Claims Management
- Équité Association Releases its Annual Top 10 Most Stolen Vehicles in Canada
- Insurers Struggle to Manage Expectations in Auto Claims Process as Repair Times Increase
- Entegral Launches Smart Assist™, Cutting-Edge Vehicle Claims Triage Product