When a loss has occurred, the insured reports that incident to the insurer. In some cases, the insurer may choose to outsource that first report to a service. Whoever is taking the initial report, or a more detailed report following, may use a set of third party tools or services to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the reporting process.
In other cases, forces outside the insurer's process may cause a unique situation, Although this may also be the case in other jurisdictions, several municipalities in the Province of Ontario direct those involved in non-serious traffic accidents to a police accident reporting centre to reduce the deployment of police to accident scenes. Although companies may set up their own adjusting services in this same location, many insurers have chosen to use the services of a third party in these centres to at least take the first report and provide some unique damaged-vehicle services.
See also the latest news in insurance claims.
When in doubt check it out
Facilitating reporting of traffic collisions, in partnership with the insurance industry and police. Member Insurers realize immediate service and financial benefits:
- F.N.O.L. Integration directly from Police Station;
- Early claim intervention directly from the Police Reporting Centre;
- View complete reports & digital photos in real-time from your desktop;
- Immediate photo imaging of damage reduces fraud;
- Analytics tool with industry comparisons for claims management, investigations, underwriting, marketing, and a powerful strategic planning tool;
- Direct telephone links to your claim department, or in-house adjusting facilities in our Reporting Centres available.
- Appraisal costs;
- Rental car expenses;
- Direct repair program use;
- Customer service;
News and Articles
- Gore Mutual Insurance Company Becomes First Canadian Insurer to Roll Out Solera Qapter® Estimating Platform
- Peel Region Police Service to Open Collision Reporting Centres
- Modern Claims Strategy Essential to Future Profitability of L/H/A Insurers
- Sedgwick’s global smart.ly platform enhances experience and meets demand
- Betterview Launches PropertyNow: Unlimited Roof Condition Estimates and More in Less than a Second
- Crawford® acquires edjuster contents valuation service and platform
- Hailstorm Alley: Where is it and What Does It Mean for Your Car?
- Blockchain consortium members successfully exchange loss data using FNOL blockchain application
- CCC Releases Research on Driver Sentiment on ADAS Features Included in Newer Vehicles
- McLarens acquires top Canadian loss adjusting firm MGB Claims Consultants, Inc.