Technology: The Heart of Your Enterprise
A Foundation for Future Growth
Technology In Action Series by Insurance-Canada.ca
Tuesday, November 27 — Malaparte, TIFF Bell Lightbox, Toronto
Follow on Twitter: #MGATech18
There is no denying that technology is a significant driving force in the rapidly changing world of property & casualty insurance.
- Consumer expectations – including your broker customers – for choice, self-service, quick response, on-demand, quality service continue to rise;
- Technology creates new risks – cyber, social liability, privacy, autonomous vehicles;
- Tools help address losses – drones, estimating tools, social tools for improved service;
- IoT and data help identify and better quantify and manage risks – flood, driving, breakdown, etc.
Might this be true for MGAs who serve niches and cover insurance needs for special risks? The threat of competition from traditional insurers, from new and existing peer MGAs and from new InsurTech entrants (many of whom look to technology for a competitive edge) is raising the bar.
Industry experts and thought leaders will address the issues, challenges and opportunities relating to the P&C MGA community, and look at technology both as a tool to give you a competitive edge and as an external threat & risk opportunity.
COO, Angus Miller Ltd.
Moderator: David Gambrill
Editor-in-Chief, Canadian Underwriter
Explore challenges such as recruitment, stability of market support of the MGA, broker M&A, and the technology that underpins it all.
→ See all the confirmed sessions.
Who Should Attend
This Technology In Action symposium is designed for decision-makers and innovators in Property & Casualty MGAs, and those insurers, brokers, and services providers who work with them, including:
- Principals and Leaders with responsibility for business transformation who are considering/evaluating technology as a part of their program;
- Line managers responsible for delivering operational business value who follow technologies in order to be current;
- Technology professionals evaluating core systems and newer technologies.
Vendors: Vendors: If you are looking to increase the visibility of your company, products and services, take advantage of the opportunities to participate – see Sponsor Opportunities or contact Doug Grant at email@example.com.
Date & Venue
This event will take place Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at Malaparte, TIFF Bell Lightbox (6th Floor), in downtown Toronto.
- Registration and continental breakfast from 7:30am
- Sessions will begin at 8:30am
- The day will close with a networking reception ending at 7:00pm.
- We are requesting RIBO Continuing Education accreditation for this event.
- We won't know the details until after the event.
- Our recent events have all been accredited, almost always in in the Management category.
- One full day of content tends to translate into roughly 6.0 hours of Management credit.