The insurance community faces unrelenting pressure on costs, increasing service expectations from customers, demands for more sophisticated products and services, new requirements for distributors and insurers, and the introduction of new technologies and systems. None of this will evolve without good people: leadership, management, technical and personal skills are in higher demand than ever.
As a result, organizations seek to enhance their competitive positioning through knowledge management and education. This section notes some of the processes, from job-hunting and posting to skills enhancement, which are being developed.
- Apollo welcomes Edwina McKennon as Broker Engagement ManagerToronto, ON (Jan. 19, 2021) – Apollo Insurance Solutions Ltd. is pleased to announce that Edwina McKennon has joined the Apollo team as Broker Engagement Manager. McKennon brings over 10 years of insurance industry experience to Apollo’s Broker Distribution Team, led by Head of Broker Distribution ...
News and Articles
- Apollo welcomes Edwina McKennon as Broker Engagement Manager
- Apollo welcomes Joyce Wong as Underwriting Services Specialist
- Apollo Insurance hires Tracey Swain as CFO to support expansion
- Investment industry leaders acknowledge the power of culture
- Apollo welcomes Marco Andolfatto as Chief Underwriting Officer
- Christian Dufour joins Koïos Intelligence
- Zensurance Launches Innovative Broker Training Program
- Insurance Labor Study Finds Recruiting Difficulty Continues Despite Pandemic
- New Gore Mutual CEO Excited to Lead Company’s Radical Transformation
- Marc Lipman Appointed President of Lloyd’s Canada