The insurance community faces unrelenting pressure on costs, increasing service expectations from customers, demands for more sophisticated products and services, new requirements for distributors and insurers, and the introduction of new technologies and systems. None of this will evolve without good people: leadership, management, technical and personal skills are in higher demand than ever.
As a result, organizations seek to enhance their competitive positioning through knowledge management and education. This section notes some of the processes, from job-hunting and posting to skills enhancement, which are being developed.
- Three in four employers adjust workplaces in response to PandemicPercentage of full-time employees working from home is expected to remain significantly above last year’s level: Willis Towers Watson survey Arlington, VA (May 21, 2020) – U.S. companies are making a series of workplace adjustments as they prepare to operate in a post-COVID-19 environment, ...
News and Articles
- Three in four employers adjust workplaces in response to Pandemic
- CFOs Doubling Down on People Cuts Due to Ongoing COVID-19 Disruption: Gartner Survey
- CSIO Launches Three New eLearning Courses
- Nine Trends That Will Impact the Post-Pandemic Future of Work
- Element AI Names New CFO & CRO
- Apollo Exchange welcomes Joel Schuster as COO and General Counsel
- Under Lockdown: Workplace Agility in Financial Services
- Gore Mutual Announces New President & CEO
- IBAO Launches Game-Changing New Broker Education
- IMS rebrands, names new Chief Product Officer