Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Coalition Launches Disruptive Cyber Insurance & Security Offering In CanadaLeading cyber insurance provider takes aim at the new threats technology brings to Canadian businesses San Francicso, CA (May 14, 2020) – Coalition, the leading cyber insurance and security company in the US, is pleased to announce it is expanding its offering to Canada-based companies, providing ...
News and Articles
- Coalition Launches Disruptive Cyber Insurance & Security Offering In Canada
- CyberCube Launches First Cyber Analytics Product for Broker Market
- Making the Case for Identity and Access Upgrades
- Cyber Hygiene in the COVID-19 Era: Breach and Attack Emulation
- Apollo adds best-in-class cyber insurance package for online purchase on the Exchange
- Accenture Acquires UK-Based Cybersecurity Consultancy
- Zurich teams up with global security specialist to expand cyber protection offering as risks grow
- Cowbell Cyber and Advisen Announce Data Partnership
- Team of Rivals: The Rise of the New API Security Gateway Market
- Aon acquires Cytelligence, a leading international cyber security firm