Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Marsh McLennan Launches Global Cyber Risk Analytics CenterThe combination enhances capabilities and improves growth profile; the transaction is expected to produce a double-digit IRR; JLT adds a superb team with a relentless focus on client service New York, NY (Oct. 14, 2021) – Marsh McLennan, the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas ...
News and Articles
- Marsh McLennan Launches Global Cyber Risk Analytics Center
- Companies need to strengthen cyber controls to counter ransomware pandemic: Allianz
- Majority of Canadian organizations struck with ransomware pay demands: Survey
- Microsoft and At-Bay partner to offer data-driven cyber insurance coverage
- Cyber Risks In A New Era: Reinsurers Could Unlock The Cyber Insurance Market
- eSentire Leverages Guidewire to Quantify and Reduce Cyber Security Risk
- Many small businesses vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Coalition launches new API solution for streamlined integration with partners in Canada
- Cyber InsurTech BOXX Insurance announces USD $10M Series A round to further accelerate growth, prepare for international expansion
- HSB Canada Introduces Cyber Suite, Coverage for Small Businesses