Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Would you like tools with your cyber insurance?A 2021 ICTA nomination Toronto, ON (Apr. 15, 2021) – In May 2020, Coalition launched its offering in Canada, providing proactive cybersecurity products and services and best-in-class cyber and technology error & omissions insurance to help keep businesses safe. In addition to Incident Response, ...
News and Articles
- Would you like tools with your cyber insurance?
- Multi-Factor Authentication a Critical Part of IT Security for Insurers
- Willis Towers Watson launches new cyber cover for Power & Utilities companies
- AXIS Partners With Elpha Secure to Provide Cyber Security Software for Small Businesses
- NFP Launches DigitalShield, a New Way for Individuals to Manage Cybersecurity Risk
- CNA Launches Holistic Cyber Threat Protection
- Arch Insurance Backs Coalition With Long-term Capacity Across Cyber Insurance Programs
- Cyberfraud a growing concern for small businesses as pandemic forces them to digitize
- Coalition Announces New $0 Retention for Canadian Customers Using Coalition Incident Response Services During a Claim
- Antigena Email and Enterprise Immune System Designated Marsh Cyber Catalysts 2020