Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Increased ransomware attacks and global threats tempering executive confidence in cyber preparedness2022 Marsh and Microsoft Cyber Risk Survey London, UK (May 26, 2022) – The toll of almost three years of unrelenting workplace disruption, digital transformation and ransomware attacks means most leaders are no more confident in their ability to manage cyber risk than they were two years ago. This ...
News and Articles
- Increased ransomware attacks and global threats tempering executive confidence in cyber preparedness
- Decoding Digital Trust: An insurance perspective
- The Top 5 Cyber Insurer Groups Worldwide
- Relay Launches Next-Generation Digital Quoting Solution
- Co-operators Launches Enhanced Business Cyber Coverage
- Marsh launches new marketplace services to assist clients in procuring cybersecurity solutions more efficiently
- Cybercrime Report Reveals Spike in Digital Fraud: LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Coalition 2022 Cyber Claims Report Warns of Surge in Ransomware
- WTW announces the formation of a Cyber Crime Task Force
- Interbank Privacy Enhanced Information Sharing: A Canadian Perspective on Fraud Detection and Prevention