Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Middle-market cyber attacks rise during the pandemic: Beazley Breach InsightGlobal breach data shows rise in social engineering scams New York, NY (Sept. 16, 2020) – Specialist insurer Beazley has reported that middle market organizations have been especially hard hit by online social engineering attacks during the pandemic. In the second quarter (Q2) of 2020, ...
News and Articles
- Middle-market cyber attacks rise during the pandemic: Beazley Breach Insight
- Ransomware Defense in Financial Services: Retreating From the Cloud
- API Security: Best Practices for FIs and Fintech and InsurTech Companies
- Security Response Planning on the Rise, But Containing Attacks Remains an Issue: IBM Study
- Board-business dynamic is contributing to cyber risk: EY survey
- U.S. Cyber Insurers Saw 10% Loss Ratio Increase due to Ransomware in 2019
- Coalition Launches Disruptive Cyber Insurance & Security Offering In Canada
- CyberCube Launches First Cyber Analytics Product for Broker Market
- Making the Case for Identity and Access Upgrades
- Cyber Hygiene in the COVID-19 Era: Breach and Attack Emulation