Companies and individuals increasingly rely on digital technology to work, to entertain, to purchase, to sell, to travel, and to live. Smart insurance professionals have caught on and are developing products to respond as required in order to mitigate risk.
But the distinctive characteristics of cyber risks make this area a challenge. More often than not, the items at risk are intangible. Criminals don't have to be physically close to steal information and digital currency. Terrorists can undermine infrastructure without any direct physical contact.
To address these cyber risks, underwriters and claims professionals are partnering with experts in data, computing and analytics. As the clash between digital security and cyber piracy continues to intensify, risk analysis must be ceaseless and mitigation factors must be continuously improved.
The challenges are substantial, but so are the rewards. Experts estimate that worldwide revenue in cyber insurance premiums and services could increase tenfold – from USD $2 billion to $20 billion – within 10 years.
- Coalition Enters Excess Cyber Insurance Market in CanadaCyber insurance industry leader expands product offering to better serve Canadian companies San Francisco, CA (July 14, 2021) — Coalition, the leading cyber insurance and security company, today announced it will enter the excess cyber insurance market in Canada to help protect businesses with ...
News and Articles
- Coalition Enters Excess Cyber Insurance Market in Canada
- BOXX Insurance launches cyberbullying insurance
- Consortium of Leading Cyber Insurers Announce the Launch of CyberAcuView
- P&C Underwriting Fraud: A Market Overview
- Thales to secure cloud connectivity for new IoT services in Canada
- Would you like tools with your cyber insurance?
- Multi-Factor Authentication a Critical Part of IT Security for Insurers
- Willis Towers Watson launches new cyber cover for Power & Utilities companies
- AXIS Partners With Elpha Secure to Provide Cyber Security Software for Small Businesses
- NFP Launches DigitalShield, a New Way for Individuals to Manage Cybersecurity Risk