This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- Catastrophes cause global economic losses of USD 36 billion in the first half of 2018Swiss Re Institute preliminary sigma estimates Total global economic losses from disasters in H1 2018 were USD 36 billion, significantly down from USD 64 billion in H1 2017 and well below average Global insured losses from disasters were USD 20 billion in H1 2018, down from USD 30 billion in H1 ...
News and Articles
- Catastrophes cause global economic losses of USD 36 billion in the first half of 2018
- Insurance Bureau of Canada welcomes report on the sharing economy
- Hub International Introduces New Cannabis Insurance And Risk Services
- Rise People & Cowan Insurance Group Launch Integrated HR, Payroll and Insurance Solution
- DAS and Temple Insurance Company to advance together as the Canadian Legal Expense Insurance market leader
- US Insurers Could Boost Profits by $20 Billion Through Intelligent Solutions
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies
- ScotiaLife Financial Chooses Johnson as Home and Auto Insurance Partner
- Blockchain Insurance Disruptor, Black Insurance Team & Fineqia CEO Discuss How They Plan to Change the Insurance Industry
- ‘Customer Experience Pyramid’ Drives Loyalty, Satisfaction and Advocacy