This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- Accelerating Privacy Regulation Returns as the Top Emerging Risk Worrying Organizations: Gartner SurveyEmerging Risks Monitor Report Shows Concern About New Regulations Across Geographic Areas in Q1 2019 Arlington, VA (Apr. 11, 2019) – Concerns about rapidly accelerating privacy regulations and their associated regulatory burdens became the top emerging risk that organizations face globally, ...
News and Articles
- Accelerating Privacy Regulation Returns as the Top Emerging Risk Worrying Organizations: Gartner Survey
- Aite Group Announces the Launch of a New Fraud & AML Practice
- Sonnet Insurance partners with like-minded brands to simplify life for Canadians through Sonnet Connect
- Secondary perils to wreak ever more natural catastrophe devastation globally: Swiss Re
- Foresters Financial Announces Strategic Transactions
- The Co-operators Introduces InsurTech Investment Fund
- Global floods cause more than $8bn in economic losses in March 2019: Aon
- Chubb Whitepaper Examines Risks Facing Homebuilders During the Construction of New Homes and Communities
- Organisations should prioritise risk function’s digital fitness to make smarter decisions
- Beazley launches specialist design build liability insurance