This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- Great-West Lifeco announces strategic partnership with Sagard HoldingsTransaction aligns with strategy to drive long-term growth in the U.S. retirement market, and positions Empower as a significant contributor to Great-West Lifeco’s earnings Winnipeg, MB (Oct. 14, 2021) – Great-West Lifeco Inc. (“Lifeco”) has announced it has agreed to enter into a ...
News and Articles
- Great-West Lifeco announces strategic partnership with Sagard Holdings
- Growth in global sharing economy and mobility sector will stall if insurance does not evolve
- Massive investment needed to ready Canada’s infrastructure for climate change
- New Aon Research Shows Importance of Better C-Suite Decision-Making in Wake of Pandemic
- Équité Association Launch Marks Milestone Moment for Crime Prevention Across Insurance Industry
- Sun Life to acquire DentaQuest, a leader in dental benefits in the United States
- Sun Life Canada launches Sun Life Health to help Canadians lead healthier lives
- Climate change and cyber risk top AXA’s Future Risks Report
- Amazon enters new InsurTech partnership to launch insurance to UK small businesses
- Home Insurers Struggle with Customer Loyalty as Boomers Flock to Rental Market, J.D. Power Finds