This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- Intact Financial Corporation to acquire leading specialty insurer The Guarantee Company of North America and Frank Cowan Company LimitedDual acquisition bolsters Intact’s leadership position in Canada, bringing its North American specialty lines platform close to its $3 billion annual Direct Premiums Written objective Deal adds attractive surety business and expertise on both sides of the border Enhances specialty lines with ...
News and Articles
- Intact Financial Corporation to acquire leading specialty insurer The Guarantee Company of North America and Frank Cowan Company Limited
- Foresters Financial to Offer Charitable Benefit Provision for its Term Life Insurance Portfolio in Canada
- Socially Responsible Investing: Not Just a Millennial Trend
- Winning in the Small Commercial Lines Segment
- ILS market slow to return to normal
- Global Commercial Insurance Pricing up 6% in Second Quarter
- U.S. FinTech Investment Still Strong in First Half of 2019
- UL Publishes First-Ever Guideline on Public Risk Management
- Global insurance M&A rises to highest level for four years
- Eight Critical Areas for Customer Experience Transformation