This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- CLHIA welcomes Saskatchewan court ruling in Ituna, Mosten and Atwater litigationToronto, ON (Mar. 18, 2019) – The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CLHIA) today welcomed the recent Saskatchewan court ruling with respect to the Ituna Investment LP, Mosten Investment LP and Atwater Investment LP litigation that targeted several life insurance companies. The ruling, ...
News and Articles
- CLHIA welcomes Saskatchewan court ruling in Ituna, Mosten and Atwater litigation
- Frank Cowan Company partners with Baseline Telematics to deliver weather monitoring for Canadian municipalities
- Ontario Municipalities Booking Road Reviews to Help Mitigate Road Liability
- Insurance Leadership: Survival of the Fittest in the Digital Age
- Innovative battery performance coverage from Munich Re paves the way for renewable energy
- Empire Life’s new Retirement and Savings Tool helps Canadians plan for retirement
- Great-West Life expands optional medical cannabis coverage
- Great-West Life’s Flexbox to help increase access to workplace health benefits plans for employees of small businesses
- P&C Personal Lines Insurers Focus on Transformational Initiatives
- Perspectives From a Smart Home Owner: How Insurers Can Help