This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- Sedgwick completes acquisition of Cunningham LindseyCompany embarks on next chapter under combined leadership team, will operate globally under Sedgwick name Memphis, TN (Apr. 18, 2018) – Sedgwick has finalized the purchase of global loss adjusting, claims management and risk solutions firm Cunningham Lindsey and its subsidiaries. The combined ...
News and Articles
- Sedgwick completes acquisition of Cunningham Lindsey
- Battles won, markets lost, but opportunities are everywhere if you seek them out …
- AIR Worldwide Collaborates with RenaissanceRe to Develop Industry’s First Probabilistic Model for Extreme Liability Events
- Subdued Markets – Lively Mergers & Acquisitions
- Majesco Research Highlights Continuation of Insurance Industry’s Knowing-Doing Gap and Reveals New Fissures Putting Incumbents at Risk
- As consumers, providers and platforms weigh responsibility for risk, massive sharing economy potential remains unrealised
- Insurers Can Learn Valuable Lessons in Rethinking Spending and IT Management
- Insurance industry welcomes news of implementation date for FSRA
- ENCON Group Inc. Announces New Commercial Property Insurance
- Individual Life Insurers Differentiating Through Product Innovation, Speed to Market