This section presents information about the business of insurance in Canada for a better understanding and appreciation of the industry overall.
Information related to a functional area such as claims or distribution is posted in the corresponding section. Articles, releases and announcements, white papers, and other material with a broader context will be posted here. Industry events, including seminars and webinars, are posted separately.
If you are researching where to buy, each of the topical sections below contains directories with a brief overview and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
- DAS Legal Protection Inc. and Wawanesa partner to protect commercial customers with Legal Expense InsurancePartnership to offer legal expense insurance to construction and contractor professionals Toronto, ON (Jan. 23, 2020) – DAS Legal Protection Inc. (“DAS”) is proud to announce a new partnership with The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company (“Wawanesa”), which protects its commercial policyholders when ...
News and Articles
- DAS Legal Protection Inc. and Wawanesa partner to protect commercial customers with Legal Expense Insurance
- Applied Rating Index Q4 and 2019 Results Released
- Severe Weather Caused $1.3 Billion in Insured Damage in 2019
- Economic losses from natural disasters top $232 billion in 2019: Aon catastrophe report
- Business Challenge 2020: Keeping Pace With the Rising Expectations for Artificial Intelligence
- Property/Casualty Insurers See Increase in Net Underwriting Gains and Record Surplus in the First Nine Months of 2019
- Markel Canada announces partnership with Interpodia Technology
- Sedgwick introduces “Conversation threads for 2020”
- Cyber Leads Global Business Risks for First Time: Allianz Risk Barometer 2020
- Burning Planet: World Economic Forum Global Risks Report 2020