Ad Specifications – Images
|Ad Type||Dimensions (width × height)|
|Top Leaderboard||728 × 90 pixels|
|Big Box||300 × 250 pixels|
|Rectangle||180 × 150 pixels|
|Button||160 × 125 pixels maximum|
All ads should be submitted as JPG or GIF (static or animated). Filesize should be no larger than 40KB. Logos should be no larger than 15KB.
Images for use in email should be static, not animated, for broadest accessibility.
Specifications for Button Ad & Listing packages
The required material consists of the following (see sample Button Ad & Listing below):
- Your company name
- Button Ad – see specifications above.
- Link to take readers to your target page
- Link to your “contact us” page on your site
- City of your head office, or Canadian head office, and if you wish to list up to three other offices in Canada, or add a phrase such as “Six Offices across Canada”
- Where in Canada you offer your services: such as “Serving all Canada,” or “Serving B.C. and the prairie provinces” or “Serving southwestern Ontario”
- A short description of your main service(s) (7-10 words), or up to four or five product or service names (2-3 words each), with optional links to descriptions on your site
- A description of your company, products, services, etc. – your “sales pitch” – up to 150 words
Specifications for Email Blasts
Contact your sales representative to arrange and book an e-blast. Please note: We limit e-blasts to a certain number per week. If you wish to schedule your e-blast for a specific date, be sure to book as early as possible.
If you wish to use our standard e-blast template, all you need to provide is text (including hyperlinks if appropriate) and one or two graphics (optional); we will lay out and send to you for approval.
If you wish to submit your own customized e-blast, you may. Please note the following best practices:
- Submit a single *.HTM or *.HTML file – no proprietary formats such as EML (Microsoft Outlook), please;
- Only in-line CSS should be used (no separate stylesheets or header style element);
- Layout width should not be greater than 700px, if possible;
- Hyperlinks should be direct to the targets (e.g., our distribution client will not permit bit.ly redirects);
- Animated GIFs are discouraged, as only the first frame will display on some email clients;
- Light-coloured text that requires a background image or dark background for legibility is discouraged.