Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- IBC marks Fraud Prevention Month with tips for consumersVigilance is key in fighting insurance fraud Toronto, ON (Mar. 1, 2021) – It’s Fraud Prevention Month, and Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) is asking Canadians to protect themselves from insurance fraud. In times of financial hardship, such as the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 ...
News and Articles
- IBC marks Fraud Prevention Month with tips for consumers
- Majority of Canadians say they have not set goals for 2021
- This Year’s Quirky & Unusual Claims: Aviva Canada
- Intact Insurance offers solutions for customers who are working from home
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun Life
- Identity theft on the rise: Canadians uncertain about warning signs
- Life and health insurers paid out a record amount in benefits in 2019
- Alberta’s Insured Natural Catastrophe Total Almost $2 billion
- Nearly half of all Canadians feel less financially secure due to COVID-19
- Canada’s grade on flood preparedness: C