Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Consumers Feeling Deep Anxiety over Data Privacy, SecurityArmonk, NY (Apr. 18, 2018) – A new survey shows that 78 percent of U.S. respondents say a company’s ability to keep their data private is “extremely important” and only 20 percent “completely trust” organizations they interact with to maintain the privacy of their ...
News and Articles
- Consumers Feeling Deep Anxiety over Data Privacy, Security
- Most Canadians would choose digital access to insurance documents
- February storms, floods caused more than $57 million in insured damage across Southern Ontario and Quebec
- Desjardins Insurance introduces new innovations
- SGI releases top five insurance fraud schemes
- Tsunami warning highlights Canada’s earthquake risk
- Majority of Canadians Unprepared For A Winter Emergency
- Insurance Bureau of Canada releases new research report
- QWeMA Group updates retirement income planning system
- IFC launches Intact Lab, Intact’s centre for digital excellence