Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Canadian collaboration for flood risk awareness gains groundNew funding promises enhanced collaboration between government, industry, researchers and Canadians to improve flood resilience across the country Guelph, ON (Feb. 20, 2019) — The Co-operators, a Canadian financial services and insurance co-operative, has announced multi-year funding for the ...
News and Articles
- Canadian collaboration for flood risk awareness gains ground
- Foxquilt Launches Community Pool
- SPCA & Humane Society Pet Insurance by Petplan® launches in Ontario
- Ministers Release Canadian Emergency Management Strategy
- Canadians can now apply for funding to build wildfire resiliency in their community
- Majority of Canadians would switch insurance providers for a savings of $150, Kanetix.ca survey finds
- Ontario Police and Community Safety Partners Team Up to Prevent Thefts of Vehicles and Valuables Left in Plain View
- Sonnet Insurance first Kanetix.ca partner with the ability for customers to buy insurance online
- Moncton man sentenced to 30 days in prison for cheque fraud
- A Record-Breaking Year For The Great B.C. ShakeOut