Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report: Extreme Rainfall To IncreaseToronto, ON (Apr. 2, 2019) – The Government of Canada has released its Canada’s Changing Climate report. This first report, part of the government’s Canada in a Changing Climate: Advancing our Knowledge for Action, provides a firm scientific foundation for future analyses and is a ...
News and Articles
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report: Extreme Rainfall To Increase
- IBAO Supports #FightFraud Campaign to Protect Consumers Across Ontario
- Benefits fraud is a real crime with real consequences
- Insurance fraud costs more than you think: IBC
- Busted! SGI releases top five auto insurance fraud schemes
- Manitoba Issues Flood Outlook For 2019
- Wildfire, spills, earthquakes are biggest threats to Whitehorse
- Canadian collaboration for flood risk awareness gains ground
- Foxquilt Launches Community Pool
- SPCA & Humane Society Pet Insurance by Petplan® launches in Ontario