Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Aviva Canada shares quirky and unusual claims from the last yearFrisky kittens, sneaky snakes, crime fighting, and more Toronto, ON (Dec. 18, 2019) – In the last year, Aviva Canada has handled thousands of property and auto claims – including a few quirky and unusual ones: Chaotic kitchen kitties: Two home alone kittens accidentally turned on the kitchen ...
News and Articles
- Aviva Canada shares quirky and unusual claims from the last year
- FSRA Issues Triple Warning Over Unlicensed Insurance Agents in Ontario
- Great-West Life first insurer to round up your retirement savings with KOHO
- Falsifying information in a rush to use up health benefits before year-end? You could face serious consequences
- Intact Financial Corporation announces $1 million to help protect Canadians from climate change
- Deloitte Consumer Privacy in Retail Survey: The Next Regulatory and Competitive Frontier
- Canadians give themselves poor grades when it comes to money matters
- “Ditch the Rear-View Mirror” When Planning for Income in Retirement
- Hurricane Dorian Caused Over $100 Million in Insured Damage
- How To Avoid Insurance Fraud