Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- May windstorm largest insured event in Ontario in 5 yearsToronto, ON (June 1, 2018) – The saying is “April showers bring May flowers,” but in Ontario, the last few months brought a series of severe, and unique, weather events. Insured damage from an early-May windstorm affecting Ontario and parts of Quebec topped $410 million – with $380 ...
News and Articles
- May windstorm largest insured event in Ontario in 5 years
- What Happens When a Cyclist Gets a Traffic Ticket?
- Be Prepared – “Be Emergency Ready”
- April storm caused more than $85 million in insured damage across Ontario, Quebec
- Consumers Feeling Deep Anxiety over Data Privacy, Security
- Most Canadians would choose digital access to insurance documents
- February storms, floods caused more than $57 million in insured damage across Southern Ontario and Quebec
- Desjardins Insurance introduces new innovations
- SGI releases top five insurance fraud schemes
- Tsunami warning highlights Canada’s earthquake risk