Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Majority of Canadians say they have not set goals for 2021Sun Life empowers Canadians to achieve financial, physical and mental health goals Toronto, ON (Dec. 31, 2020) – ‘New year, new me’ is a popular saying Canadians use when they think about changing behaviours and setting goals to start a new year. This year has tested Canadians’ ...
News and Articles
- Majority of Canadians say they have not set goals for 2021
- This Year’s Quirky & Unusual Claims: Aviva Canada
- Intact Insurance offers solutions for customers who are working from home
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun Life
- Identity theft on the rise: Canadians uncertain about warning signs
- Life and health insurers paid out a record amount in benefits in 2019
- Alberta’s Insured Natural Catastrophe Total Almost $2 billion
- Nearly half of all Canadians feel less financially secure due to COVID-19
- Canada’s grade on flood preparedness: C
- Working from home this summer means more regular access to the pool for young children