Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- 2022 Third-Worst Year For Severe Weather in Canadian HistorySevere weather caused $3.1 billion in insured damage last year; every community across Canada is at heightened risk of natural catastrophes Ottawa, ON (Jan. 18, 2023) – Severe weather across Canada continues to highlight the financial costs of a changing climate to insurers, governments and ...
News and Articles
- 2022 Third-Worst Year For Severe Weather in Canadian History
- Insurance Bureau of Canada statement: Government of Canada’s National Adaptation Strategy
- New data shows 85% of Canadians want action on climate adaptation
- More Consumers are Taking Measures to Protect Themselves from Cyber Attacks
- Expert advice for safe Halloween: Don’t let these Halloween-themed incidents happen to you
- Hurricane Fiona causes $660 million in insured damage
- Summer storms across Western Canada result in more than $300 million in insured damage
- Rising costs drive Canadians to rethink connectivity and content needs: EY survey
- 7 in 10 U.S. employees not saving enough for retirement
- As Inflation and Uncertainty Abound, Back-to-School and Back-to-College Spending Surges