Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun LifeSun Life urges Canadian companies to make mental health a C-suite business priority Toronto, ON (Oct. 5, 2020) – Ahead of World Mental Health Day on October 10th, Sun Life is urging Canadian companies to join them in creating mentally healthy workplaces by deepening investments in workplace mental ...
News and Articles
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun Life
- Identity theft on the rise: Canadians uncertain about warning signs
- Life and health insurers paid out a record amount in benefits in 2019
- Alberta’s Insured Natural Catastrophe Total Almost $2 billion
- Nearly half of all Canadians feel less financially secure due to COVID-19
- Canada’s grade on flood preparedness: C
- Working from home this summer means more regular access to the pool for young children
- Only 25% of Canadians Say They Received COVID-19 Relief Measures
- Apollo commits to buying local for partner gifts and incentives
- As Pandemic Spreads, Most Consumers Retreat: Deloitte