Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Great-West Life first insurer to round up your retirement savings with KOHOCustomized cash flow management program to help Canadians become mindful spenders and savers Winnipeg, MB (Nov. 7, 2019) – In recognition of Financial Literacy Month (#FLM2019), Great-West Life today announced the addition of KOHO’s no-fee, full-service spending account to select group ...
News and Articles
- Great-West Life first insurer to round up your retirement savings with KOHO
- Falsifying information in a rush to use up health benefits before year-end? You could face serious consequences
- Intact Financial Corporation announces $1 million to help protect Canadians from climate change
- Deloitte Consumer Privacy in Retail Survey: The Next Regulatory and Competitive Frontier
- Canadians give themselves poor grades when it comes to money matters
- “Ditch the Rear-View Mirror” When Planning for Income in Retirement
- Hurricane Dorian Caused Over $100 Million in Insured Damage
- How To Avoid Insurance Fraud
- IBC Joins the GCA in Urgent Call for Adaptation
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their Children