Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their ChildrenEstate planning platform Willful Partners with Wealthsimple to make it easy for parents to take care of key financial to-dos Toronto, ON (Aug. 12, 2019) – Having kids has a huge impact on your finances, and a new study found that 1 in 5 (17%) of Canadian parents haven’t checked off any of the three ...
News and Articles
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their Children
- Almost half of high-income Canadians are not as wealthy as they thought they would be at this stage
- Trying to stay instaworthy but hitting instadebt? You’re not alone.
- Are You a Member of a Group? Capture Your Insurance Advantage
- Are Quebecers too distracted to keep safe close to water?
- Canadians don’t understand what their insurance policies cover, and it keeps them up at night!
- Protect yourself and your property from severe weather
- Communities across Canada participate in national effort to build wildfire resilience
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report: Extreme Rainfall To Increase
- IBAO Supports #FightFraud Campaign to Protect Consumers Across Ontario