Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Only 25% of Canadians Say They Received COVID-19 Relief MeasuresInsuranceHotline.com survey Toronto, ON (June 2, 2020) – Only one in four Canadian auto insurance customers reports receiving an offer of rate relief from their insurer, according to a new survey by InsuranceHotline.com. In the wake of the COVID-19 lockdown, auto insurers offered rate relief ...
News and Articles
- Only 25% of Canadians Say They Received COVID-19 Relief Measures
- Apollo commits to buying local for partner gifts and incentives
- As Pandemic Spreads, Most Consumers Retreat: Deloitte
- Verisk Launches COVID-19 Projection Tool
- Onlia waives insurance payments for one month amid pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic Fuels Financial Concerns
- Aviva Canada unveils extensive support package for Canadians during COVID-19
- Gore Mutual Foundation Matching Donations to Support Charities Across Canada Amid Pandemic
- Prime Minister announces new actions under Canada’s coronavirus response
- Grocery retailer issues update on coronavirus