Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Deloitte Consumer Privacy in Retail Survey: The Next Regulatory and Competitive FrontierNew York, NY (Oct. 9, 2019) – Retail is at an inflection point with consumer privacy, and nearly half of consumers say they feel they have lost control of their data, according to the results of Deloitte’s new U.S. Consumer Data Privacy study. Key takeaways from the survey include: Today, more than ...
News and Articles
- Deloitte Consumer Privacy in Retail Survey: The Next Regulatory and Competitive Frontier
- Canadians give themselves poor grades when it comes to money matters
- “Ditch the Rear-View Mirror” When Planning for Income in Retirement
- Hurricane Dorian Caused Over $100 Million in Insured Damage
- How To Avoid Insurance Fraud
- IBC Joins the GCA in Urgent Call for Adaptation
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their Children
- Almost half of high-income Canadians are not as wealthy as they thought they would be at this stage
- Trying to stay instaworthy but hitting instadebt? You’re not alone.
- Are You a Member of a Group? Capture Your Insurance Advantage