Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Most Individuals Are Unprepared for the Risk of a Cyber Breach: Chubb SurveyChubb’s New Masterpiece® Cyber Protection designed to safeguard clients in an evolving cyber landscape Whitehouse Station, NJ (Sept. 25, 2018) – A new study from Chubb finds that, despite the ever evolving and seemingly never ending frequency of cyber attacks, individuals are still largely ...
News and Articles
- Most Individuals Are Unprepared for the Risk of a Cyber Breach: Chubb Survey
- APRIL Canada launches the only Unpaid Rents insurance for Landlords in Ontario and Quebec
- Introducing Peppermint: Refreshingly Simple Pet Insurance
- Urgent action needed to curb possible debilitating loss of natural infrastructure assets in Canada
- Storms Hitting Prairie Provinces Hard: IBC
- Astronaut announces theme for SHAD summer program from the International Space Station
- May windstorm largest insured event in Ontario in 5 years
- What Happens When a Cyclist Gets a Traffic Ticket?
- Be Prepared – “Be Emergency Ready”
- April storm caused more than $85 million in insured damage across Ontario, Quebec