Insurance – it's a necessity, but a disliked one. Insurance generally helps avoid financial problems due to a loss, such as an auto accident, fire, personal injury, or death. The total insurance premiums paid by everyone cover the losses of those who suffer them. In some cases, insurance is a personal or business decision; in others insurance, such as auto insurance which is mandated by law or mortgage insurance which is required by a third party.
If you are looking for a specific type of insurance, use the links below for topical information and featured providers.
For general information, a good place to start is Insurance: what's it all about?
- Protect yourself and your property from severe weatherIBC marks Emergency Preparedness Week Toronto, ON (May 6, 2019) – Across Canada, severe weather is on the rise. In Eastern Canada, many are suffering the devastating effects of spring flooding. As the incidents of extreme weather increase in frequency and severity, IBC is advocating to all levels ...
News and Articles
- Protect yourself and your property from severe weather
- Communities across Canada participate in national effort to build wildfire resilience
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report: Extreme Rainfall To Increase
- IBAO Supports #FightFraud Campaign to Protect Consumers Across Ontario
- Benefits fraud is a real crime with real consequences
- Insurance fraud costs more than you think: IBC
- Busted! SGI releases top five auto insurance fraud schemes
- Manitoba Issues Flood Outlook For 2019
- Wildfire, spills, earthquakes are biggest threats to Whitehorse
- Canadian collaboration for flood risk awareness gains ground