In order to select finalists from the qualified nominations, and then the winners from among the finalists, we convene a jury of experts knowledgeable in the process of insurance and the successful use of technology in the industry.
The jurors review the nominations at the end of the year to select the finalists. In January, the jury meets again to review the finalists’ nominations to select the winners.
Some of our ICTA jurors are insurance practitioners who make use of technology, while some are involved in helping the industry to utilize technology more effectively, and some look at how technology is used – or will be. Together they bring to bear a wealth of knowledge and expertise.
These are the members of the 2022 ICTA jury:
- David Arbuthnot, Head, Innovation Partnerships & Technology, Farm Mutual Re;
- Dean Bast, Director – Underwriting, Onyx, Northbridge Insurance;
- Traci Boland, Partner, Ontario West Insurance Brokers; and Vice President, Insurance Brokers Association of Canada;
- Mike Fitzgerald, Advisory Industry Consultant, SAS;
- Adam Mitchell, CEO, Mitchell & Whale Insurance;
- Lorie Phair, President, Canadian Broker Network;
- Catherine Smola, President & CEO, CSIO.
We thank them for their contribution.
Discover the winners at 1pm on Wednesday, June 22 – the ICTA and PICTA winners will be announced in a virtual ceremony.