In order to select finalists from the qualified nominations, and then the winners from among the finalists, we convene a jury of experts knowledgeable in the process of insurance and the successful use of technology in the industry.
The jurors review the nominations at the end of the year to select the finalists. In January, the jury meets again to review the finalists’ nominations to select the winners.
Some of our ICTA jurors are insurance practitioners who make use of technology, while some are involved in helping the industry to utilize technology more effectively, and some look at how technology is used – or will be. Together they bring to bear a wealth of knowledge and expertise.
The members of the 2020 ICTA jury are:
- Dean Bast, Vice President – National Distribution Management, The Guarantee;
- Traci Boland, Partner, Ontario West Insurance Brokers;
- Mike Fitzgerald, Senior Analyst – Insurance, Celent;
- Dorothy Josephson, Vice President, Solutions Delivery, Systems, SGI;
- Catherine Kargas, Vice President, MARCON;
- Dave Lund, Manager – Claims / Operations, AIG Canada;
- Lorie Phair, Managing Director, Canadian Broker Network;
- Catherine Smola, President & CEO, CSIO;
- Eric Weisburg, Vice President Research & Consulting, Novarica.
We thank them for their contribution.