Telematics is the joint science of telecommunications and informatics applied in wireless technologies and computational systems.
For most insurance purposes, telematics is short for vehicle telematics, referring to automation in cars and other vehicles. GPS navigation, integrated hands-free cell phones, wireless safety communications and automatic driving assistance systems are all covered under the telematics umbrella. Insurance-related applications of telematics have evolved, including vehicle and container tracking, fleet management, satellite navigation, wireless vehicle safety communications, emergency warning systems, intelligent vehicle technologies and more.
The ability to monitor and track driving characteristics and driver behaviours provides the basis for Pay As You Drive (PAYD) or Usage-Based Insurance (UBI). Telematics would be a component of self-drive cars (SDC).
- Zendrive expands its reach to over 50M users through partnerships with leading consumer appsAs part of its powerful Mobility Risk Intelligence (MRI) platform, Zendrive is expanding its Insurance Qualification Lens (IQL) solution by partnering with top US consumer apps Boston, MA (July 26, 2022) – Zendrive, a mission-driven company making roads safer with data and analytics, has partnered ...
News and Articles
- Zendrive expands its reach to over 50M users through partnerships with leading consumer apps
- BlackBerry, L-SPARK Announce Four Companies for their BlackBerry IVY Connected Car Accelerator Program
- Telematics Has Kept the Promise: Allstate’s Journey Continues
- IMS partners with Aviva Canada to launch ‘Aviva Journey’
- Otonomo to Acquire The Floow, a Leader in Connected Insurance Technology
- Utica First Insurance Company Selects Betterview
- CAA MyPace now available to more Ontarians
- IMS Announces Fully-Managed Vehicle Security Solution for Commercial Fleets
- IMS Announces Try Per Mile
- CAA pay-as-you-go auto insurance sees sharp growth during lockdown