There are two major types of life insurance: term life and permanent life insurance.
Term life insurance covers you for a specific period of time, which is often a year but can be much longer. A specified amount of insurance is provided during the term for a fixed rate. At the end of the term, the coverage ceases and the policy has no value. Buy this for its lower cost to match a need which has a specific time period – the term of a mortgage, for example.
Permanent life insurance protects you for your lifetime. It can build cash value and provide a death benefit. This can be used for wealth management, estate planning, tax-advantaged investments, and more. Types of permanent insurance include whole life or endowment, universal life, and variable universal life. Buy these when there is a bigger financial need – one beyond covering a need should you die.
Your life insurance should be considered part of your overall financial plan; the amount and type of insurance should match your exposure and risks.
- Sun Life rounds out permanent product shelf with new insurance solutionsAdded simplicity, flexibility help Canadians protect what matters most to them – and help advisors offer peace of mind to business owners Toronto, ON (Oct. 1, 2019) – Sun Life has announced its offer of simple and flexible options for guaranteed protection with the addition of two new permanent ...
News and Articles
- Sun Life rounds out permanent product shelf with new insurance solutions
- La Capitale launches Pure Series life insurance products
- U.S. Life Insurance Rewards and Incentives Programs: It’s Game Time!
- Old Age Security to increase on July 1st
- Canada Protection Plan Launches Express Elite Life Insurance Plan to Simplify Application Process
- PolicyAdvisor Launches Innovative Insurance Marketplace
- The Co-operators among the first to offer online self-serve term life insurance
- Foresters Financial announces the inclusion of a Charity Benefit provision to recent enhancements to its Advantage Plus insurance product in Canada
- Manulife Vitality program now offering Apple Watch, encouraging members to live a more active lifestyle
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Coverage Grew in 2016