There are two major types of life insurance: term life and permanent life insurance.
Term life insurance covers you for a specific period of time, which is often a year but can be much longer. A specified amount of insurance is provided during the term for a fixed rate. At the end of the term, the coverage ceases and the policy has no value. Buy this for its lower cost to match a need which has a specific time period – the term of a mortgage, for example.
Permanent life insurance protects you for your lifetime. It can build cash value and provide a death benefit. This can be used for wealth management, estate planning, tax-advantaged investments, and more. Types of permanent insurance include whole life or endowment, universal life, and variable universal life. Buy these when there is a bigger financial need – one beyond covering a need should you die.
Your life insurance should be considered part of your overall financial plan; the amount and type of insurance should match your exposure and risks.
- PolicyMe Launches Fully Digital Life Insurance ProductUp To $5 Million in Coverage New partnership with Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company results in a 100% digital process that’s faster and has the most competitive pricing in Canada† Toronto, ON (Apr. 7, 2020) – PolicyMe, a digital life insurance platform, is pleased to introduce a ...
News and Articles
- PolicyMe Launches Fully Digital Life Insurance Product
- Life Simpli Launches Hassle-Free Insurance Marketplace in Canada
- Rethinking Life Insurance Underwriting: Leapfrog Competition, Delight Customers
- Canadian Life Insurance Activity Finishes Flat for 2020
- PolicyAdvisor.com Launches Canada’s First Online Platform For Children’s Life Insurance
- The future of life insurance: Reimagining the industry for the decade ahead
- Life, Health and Financial Security Report: Globe & Mail
- Verisk Launches Life Risk Navigator Software Platform
- Life Insurers Increasingly Turning to SaaS Core Systems for Speed of Operations
- SSQ Insurance launches new entirely electronic simplified life insurance products