There are two major types of life insurance: term life and permanent life insurance.
Term life insurance covers you for a specific period of time, which is often a year but can be much longer. A specified amount of insurance is provided during the term for a fixed rate. At the end of the term, the coverage ceases and the policy has no value. Buy this for its lower cost to match a need which has a specific time period – the term of a mortgage, for example.
Permanent life insurance protects you for your lifetime. It can build cash value and provide a death benefit. This can be used for wealth management, estate planning, tax-advantaged investments, and more. Types of permanent insurance include whole life or endowment, universal life, and variable universal life. Buy these when there is a bigger financial need – one beyond covering a need should you die.
Your life insurance should be considered part of your overall financial plan; the amount and type of insurance should match your exposure and risks.
- Foresters Financial announces the inclusion of a Charity Benefit provision to recent enhancements to its Advantage Plus insurance product in CanadaToronto, ON (Jan. 2, 2018) – Foresters Financial™, an international financial services provider, is pleased to announce the inclusion of an incomparable Charity Benefit provision to the recent enhancement to our Advantage Plus1 participating whole life insurance product in Canada. The Charity ...
News and Articles
- Foresters Financial announces the inclusion of a Charity Benefit provision to recent enhancements to its Advantage Plus insurance product in Canada
- Manulife Vitality program now offering Apple Watch, encouraging members to live a more active lifestyle
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Coverage Grew in 2016
- Sun Life introduces interactive digital coach to help Clients navigate and maximize their benefits and pension plans
- Canadians Falling Short of Retirement Savings Goals
- Sun Life makes it quick and easy for Canadians to apply for life insurance online
- Canada Ranks 11th in 2017 Natixis Global Retirement Index
- Invisor Launches Invisor TermLife Partnering With Teachers Life Insurance
- Manulife First Again With Insurance Innovations
- Canadians Lack Awareness Of Seg Funds’ Benefits