More people are travelling than ever before; they value the experience and cherish the memories. But when you leave the country – or even just your province – you face health and injury risks which differ from those at home, and your provincial health insurance may not cover your potential medical expenses:
- After you have made your plans and purchased your tickets, your own ill-health or that of a close relative may prevent your planned trip. Trip cancellation insurance can help you recover the cost of the tickets.
- When you travel, your baggage is often taken from you. Occasionally, theft or loss by a transportation carrier occurs. Proper baggage insurance will allow you to recover your financial loss.
- Illness and accidents don't wait for you at home. Thankfully, with good excess health insurance you can avoid the financial expenses of health services elsewhere – bills which can be staggering.
To purchase or obtain a quote for travel insurance, consult any of the providers listed below. When you decide to buy, the broker, agent, or company must be licensed in your province.
If you have non-government health insurance through your employment for example, check with them to see if your existing insurance covers your travel needs adequately.
For visitors from outside Canada who didn't purchase travel insurance, Visitor to Canada coverage is available for insurance for medical expenses they may incur here.
Head Office: Toronto, Canada
Serves: Canada and All Other Countries
HealthQuotes.ca offers online travel insurance to visitors to Canada, Canadians travelling abroad, and international travelers.
We are licensed insurance brokers, and as such it is our purpose to help you find cheapest plan that best suits your particular situation.
What we offer:
- Affordable single trip and annual travel insurance for Canadians travelling abroad.
- Visitors insurance for immigrants, foreign students and workers, expats.
- International travel insurance, available to all nationalities, including U.S. citizens.
Your needs will be handled by a licensed, experienced Canadian insurance broker who will take the time to get the benefits that are just right for your situation.
About Us: HealthQuotes.ca Inc. has been specializing in health and travel benefits since 1981.
With more than 70 partner companies, including many of the nation's top providers, Kanetix.ca shops the market for you. No one else covers as much of the market as we do. We search for your lowest rates. You choose your best quote from the options available to you, and we connect you to the company to secure your selected rate. Saving money on insurance has never been this easy.
News and Articles
- Novus Health partners with Goose Insurance to offer Enhanced Travel Services
- Allianz Global Assistance Enhances Customer Support Offerings with Virtual Care, New Online Claims Portal
- Goose Insurance launches Canada’s first standalone worldwide pandemic insurance for travel
- Snowbirds Win Legal Challenge to Reinstate Out-of-Country Insurance Coverage
- Blink Parametric Launches Blink Luggage
- Air Canada Provides Update on Response to COVID-19
- Coronavirus now considered a “known issue” by an increasing number of travel insurers
- Coronavirus: Will I be covered by travel insurance?
- Less than Half of Canadians Buy Travel Insurance, Even as Threats to Health Emerge Worldwide
- Changes Coming to Out-of-Country Medical Coverage in 2020