Insurance distribution has changed radically with the advent of the Internet. The early vision of online insurance sales (if you build it, they will come) has been superceded by reality: just because you built a website does not mean customers will beat a path to your virtual door to buy their insurance.
These days, business-to-business elements of e-business are capturing the lion's share of the attention. Brokers are now emerging from the threat of disintermediation with a renewed focus on the client and prospect – and armed with new partnerships, kitbags bursting with additional products, and a formidable set of Internet tools. Direct writers are also vying for share with increasingly sophisticated Internet, CRM, and other tools. Never before has the customer been at the centre of such a fierce battle.
- Agent and Advisor Tools in Canada: A Market OverviewSeveral challenges facing the Canadian market can be solved by the integration of new technology: new Aite Group report Boston, MA (Aug. 15, 2018) – The Canadian financial services market is in a state of constant flux, and distributors of financial products in this market are struggling to keep ...
News and Articles
- Agent and Advisor Tools in Canada: A Market Overview
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Acquires Leystone Insurance & Financial, Inc.
- A Major Step for the Canadian Broker Network
- Lussier Dale Parizeau announces acquisition of Trinome Conseils
- Hub International Acquires Blackstone Insurance, Benefits & Bonding Inc.
- Community-Oriented Approach Attracts Speaker & Piuni Ltd. To BrokerLink
- Archway Insurance acquires J.H. Deveau Insurance in Meteghan
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based Benefit Broker Services Inc.
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based Southland Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Hub International Acquires The Insurance Business Of Ontario-Based Cypher Systems Group Inc.