CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF FIRE INVESTIGATORS CHAPTER #006 announces a seminar “Investigating Fires involving Electrical Power Distribution Systems” to be held on 25 April 2007 at Royal SunAlliance Insurance. This seminar will detail the arrangement and function of various
electrical system components including switchboard, distribution bus, transformers, panels and wiring, and discuss common failures in these systems and causes of fires.
The seminar will provide an understanding of electrical equipment and common causes of failures and fires including aspects related to maintenance, installation, deterioration, and environment. Aspects covered will include:
- Identifying components
- Understanding their purpose
- Electrical theory
- Electrical Code requirements
- Common installation problems
- Maintenance requirements
- Overloading and circuit performance
- Scene and equipment examination
- Documentation of conditions
- Analysis of causes
The presenters are electrical engineers and fire investigators:
- Mr. Mazen Habash, P.Eng., CFEI – Origin and Cause Inc.
- Mr. Stephen Hawken, P.Eng, CFEI – Arcon Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Mr. Vincent Rochon, P.Eng, CFEI – Rochon Engineering Incorporated.
For more details and a registration form, see the attached seminar description.
CAFI promotes the thorough investigation of all fires in an effort to improve public safety, reduce loss of life and property damage by providing a forum for professional liaison to share ideas, experiences and information through educational seminars and our publication The Journal. Visit http://www.cafi.ca for more information.