Details of the InsurTechTO Pitch Competition
The InsurTechTO pitch competition is open to any early-stage start-up working on a technology-enabled solution with an application for the insurance industry.
- A select group of start-ups will be chosen to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges consisting of experts in the field of start-up development, insurance, and technology.
- Each start-up will have 3 minutes to pitch, followed by 4-5 minutes of Q&A from the judges.
- Accepted pitchers will be given more information on adjudication and judging criteria prior to the event.
- Applicants must be available on November 7 in Toronto to pitch; the competition will end our afternoon agenda.
- Thanks to everyone who submitted an application – discover the winner at InsurTechTO!
The winner, as selected by our judges, is FindBob. Congratulations!
Along with bragging rights, the prize for the winning start-up is a booth and 2 passes to the 17th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference (ICTC2019), valued at over $4,500.
The annual Technology Conference brings together more than 400 insurers, brokers, venture capitalists, and InsurTechs in Toronto for thought leadership, networking, and the presentation of the Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards (ICTAs). Participation in this event will be of great value for any start-up looking to network with peers and potential clients and stay up-to-date on industry trends and professional development.
All of the InsurTechTO sessions are outlined on the Topics page.