Easy-to-understand insurance information, available in the palm of your hand.
TORONTO, March 1, 2012 – The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company (The Dominion) has launched a FREE Mobile App. Most insurance apps benefit the insurance company acting as a mobile way to streamline the claims process. The Dominion, takes a refreshing new spin on this technology offering quick, easy-to-understand insurance guidance that will help mitigate preventable damage or worse, avoidable injury either on the road following a car accident, at home amidst a basement flood or other claims emergency.
Avoid being taken advantage of – get the right information from the start.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is the App’s focus on connecting consumers to the right people and places, ensuring they are not being taken advantage of at a time when they are vulnerable.
“With fraudulent claims activity on the rise in Canada, The Dominion is working to help consumers put it to an end”, says Shelagh Paul, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The Dominion. “Knowing where to tow a vehicle after a crash, knowing what to sign and what not to sign or who to call to ensure the claim is in the right hands from the start is critical information that every consumer should have with them at all times”.
Sure, there are other Apps out there – The Dominion’s App is Different:
- This App is about getting the consumer the help they need when an emergency strikes, not about streamlining the claims process.
- This App teams the insurer with the broker to provide assistance and contact information needed in a claims emergency. Once the App is downloaded, the simple entry of a unique broker code will automatically populate the App with the broker contact information and brand.
- This App goes beyond auto claims situations; assistance is also available to policyholders for a property claims situation.
- It is one of the only insurance-based Apps available on all 3 platforms: Blackberry, iPhone and Android.
App benefits include:
- The right first steps to take after a car collision.
- What to do immediately in a claims situation at home: water, fire or theft.
- Enabling consumers to make smart choices in claims situations including access to screened and trusted repair facilities – GPS enabled in case you are away from home.
- A fillable collision checklist – guiding the consumer through the important information to collect after a collision making sure nothing is overlooked in the moment. This checklist can be saved or emailed -it’s easy.
- Away from home? Assistance in finding local hospitals, gas stations, towing services and more.
The Mobile App was designed and developed by Olson. “We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with The Dominion on this project. This mobile application is a first for the Canadian insurance industry and we truly believe that it is representative of The Dominion’s commitment to serving both its brokers and its customers.” – Michael Carter, President, Olson Mobile
Download easily using ONE of the following 3 options:
1. Visit Blackberry App World, Apple AppStore or Android download markets and use the following key words to search for our app: The Dominion Insurance.
2. Scan our QR code using your mobile device and land directly on the download page
3. Visit thedominion.ca for general app and download details
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAUNCHED Feb 2012: The Dominion’s FREE mobile insurance app puts the consumer first
- The Dominion’s new Mobile App helps drivers combat against auto fraud.
- The Dominion’s mobile insurance App takes team approach -first to market with broker branding opportunity
- Help is here. Download [Insert Broker Name] & The Dominion’s FREE Mobile App.
ABOUT THE DOMINION
Canadian owned and operated since 1887, today The Dominion is one of the country’s largest property and casualty insurers. The Dominion takes pride in providing Canadians with confidence that the cars, homes and businesses they value are protected. A fierce advocate for consumer interests, The Dominion is committed to making sure the insurance system works best for consumers. The Dominion strongly believes consumers should have access to independent, professional advisors, who provide advocacy and choice, which is why they distribute their products exclusively through independent brokers. The Dominion’s priority is to earn and maintain the trust and loyalty of policyholders, employees and business partners. Visit thedominion.ca
Olson is one of the top 10 independent, full-service brand connection agencies in North America. The more than 400-person-strong agency has a digital core and deep expertise in advertising, 1:1, PR, social and mobile, which builds community and creates advocacy for some of the world’s most respected brands. Olson has offices in Minneapolis, Chicago and Toronto. For more information, visit olson.com, join us at facebook.com/Olsonagency and follow us on Twitter @Olsonagency.