Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Only 25% of Canadians Say They Received COVID-19 Relief Measures
- Apollo commits to buying local for partner gifts and incentives
- As Pandemic Spreads, Most Consumers Retreat: Deloitte
- Verisk Launches COVID-19 Projection Tool
- Onlia waives insurance payments for one month amid pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic Fuels Financial Concerns
- Aviva Canada unveils extensive support package for Canadians during COVID-19
- Gore Mutual Foundation Matching Donations to Support Charities Across Canada Amid Pandemic
- Prime Minister announces new actions under Canada’s coronavirus response
- Grocery retailer issues update on coronavirus