Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- 7 in 10 U.S. employees not saving enough for retirement
- As Inflation and Uncertainty Abound, Back-to-School and Back-to-College Spending Surges
- Canadians plan to drive further daily after relocating due to pandemic
- Debris removal gets underway in Lytton as one-year anniversary of BC wildfire approaches
- Allstate reminds you to wait until after your trip to post that vacation selfie
- Enhanced Insurance Protection Available to Canola Farmers This Spring
- Social pressures are prevent Canadians from securing their financial futures
- Severe Weather in 2021 Caused $2.1 Billion in Insured Damage
- Canadian insured losses from catastrophic events exceed CAN $2 billion in 2021
- The Impacts of a Changing Climate: Canada’s Top Ten Weather Stories of 2021