Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- 2022 Third-Worst Year For Severe Weather in Canadian History
- Insurance Bureau of Canada statement: Government of Canada’s National Adaptation Strategy
- New data shows 85% of Canadians want action on climate adaptation
- More Consumers are Taking Measures to Protect Themselves from Cyber Attacks
- Expert advice for safe Halloween: Don’t let these Halloween-themed incidents happen to you
- Hurricane Fiona causes $660 million in insured damage
- Summer storms across Western Canada result in more than $300 million in insured damage
- Rising costs drive Canadians to rethink connectivity and content needs: EY survey
- 7 in 10 U.S. employees not saving enough for retirement
- As Inflation and Uncertainty Abound, Back-to-School and Back-to-College Spending Surges