Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- New low-cost Pet Insurance Brand Launches with Essential Coverage for Canadian Pets
- Be better prepared for extreme weather with new digital Severe Weather & Safety Alerts from TD Insurance
- Apollo Exchange adds Pet Services Package product for immediate digital purchase
- U.S. Identity Theft: Consumer Trends in Health, Life, and P&C Insurance
- Teachers Life Partners with Virgin Pulse to Enhance Member Health and Wellbeing
- IBC marks Fraud Prevention Month with tips for consumers
- Majority of Canadians say they have not set goals for 2021
- This Year’s Quirky & Unusual Claims: Aviva Canada
- Intact Insurance offers solutions for customers who are working from home
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun Life