Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Deloitte Consumer Privacy in Retail Survey: The Next Regulatory and Competitive Frontier
- Canadians give themselves poor grades when it comes to money matters
- “Ditch the Rear-View Mirror” When Planning for Income in Retirement
- Hurricane Dorian Caused Over $100 Million in Insured Damage
- How To Avoid Insurance Fraud
- IBC Joins the GCA in Urgent Call for Adaptation
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their Children
- Almost half of high-income Canadians are not as wealthy as they thought they would be at this stage
- Trying to stay instaworthy but hitting instadebt? You’re not alone.
- Are You a Member of a Group? Capture Your Insurance Advantage