Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Survey: 1 in 5 Parents Don’t Have Key Financial Products for Their Children
- Almost half of high-income Canadians are not as wealthy as they thought they would be at this stage
- Trying to stay instaworthy but hitting instadebt? You’re not alone.
- Are You a Member of a Group? Capture Your Insurance Advantage
- Are Quebecers too distracted to keep safe close to water?
- Canadians don’t understand what their insurance policies cover, and it keeps them up at night!
- Protect yourself and your property from severe weather
- Communities across Canada participate in national effort to build wildfire resilience
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report: Extreme Rainfall To Increase
- IBAO Supports #FightFraud Campaign to Protect Consumers Across Ontario