Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Canadians can now apply for funding to build wildfire resiliency in their community
- Majority of Canadians would switch insurance providers for a savings of $150, Kanetix.ca survey finds
- Ontario Police and Community Safety Partners Team Up to Prevent Thefts of Vehicles and Valuables Left in Plain View
- Sonnet Insurance first Kanetix.ca partner with the ability for customers to buy insurance online
- Moncton man sentenced to 30 days in prison for cheque fraud
- A Record-Breaking Year For The Great B.C. ShakeOut
- Most Individuals Are Unprepared for the Risk of a Cyber Breach: Chubb Survey
- APRIL Canada launches the only Unpaid Rents insurance for Landlords in Ontario and Quebec
- Introducing Peppermint: Refreshingly Simple Pet Insurance
- Urgent action needed to curb possible debilitating loss of natural infrastructure assets in Canada