Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- APRIL Canada launches the only Unpaid Rents insurance for Landlords in Ontario and Quebec
- Introducing Peppermint: Refreshingly Simple Pet Insurance
- Urgent action needed to curb possible debilitating loss of natural infrastructure assets in Canada
- Storms Hitting Prairie Provinces Hard: IBC
- Astronaut announces theme for SHAD summer program from the International Space Station
- May windstorm largest insured event in Ontario in 5 years
- What Happens When a Cyclist Gets a Traffic Ticket?
- Be Prepared – “Be Emergency Ready”
- April storm caused more than $85 million in insured damage across Ontario, Quebec
- Consumers Feeling Deep Anxiety over Data Privacy, Security