Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Majority of Canadians say they have not set goals for 2021
- This Year’s Quirky & Unusual Claims: Aviva Canada
- Intact Insurance offers solutions for customers who are working from home
- We must invest in creating mentally healthy workplaces now: Sun Life
- Identity theft on the rise: Canadians uncertain about warning signs
- Life and health insurers paid out a record amount in benefits in 2019
- Alberta’s Insured Natural Catastrophe Total Almost $2 billion
- Nearly half of all Canadians feel less financially secure due to COVID-19
- Canada’s grade on flood preparedness: C
- Working from home this summer means more regular access to the pool for young children