Consumer Insurance Glossary
The insurance business encompasses a daunting array of industry jargon. Thankfully, there are resources to help consumers navigate the maze of unfamiliar terms. These often take the form of glossaries, or lists of specialized terms relating to a special subject – in this case, insurance – with accompanying definitions. Two such glossaries are of particular use to visitors and customers of Insurance-Canada.ca.
The University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business hosts a useful glossary of risk management & insurance terms.
There is also a comprehensive glossary of insurance and risk management terms available from the International Risk Management Institute.
News and Articles
- Money-related “shock moments” are forcing Canadians to find new financial footing
- Majority of Canadians lack a financial plan: Sun Life survey
- Z Zurich Foundation partners with UNICEF to promote mental well-being
- Furkin Pet Insurance launches in Canada
- New low-cost Pet Insurance Brand Launches with Essential Coverage for Canadian Pets
- Be better prepared for extreme weather with new digital Severe Weather & Safety Alerts from TD Insurance
- Apollo Exchange adds Pet Services Package product for immediate digital purchase
- U.S. Identity Theft: Consumer Trends in Health, Life, and P&C Insurance
- Teachers Life Partners with Virgin Pulse to Enhance Member Health and Wellbeing
- IBC marks Fraud Prevention Month with tips for consumers