Travellers and their pets protected from almost any mishap
Toronto (March 28, 2012) – Thomas Cook Financial Services announced today an enhancement to its travel insurance product – now offering Canadians peace of mind for most potential travel mishaps imaginable.
The changes, effective today, follow extensive research from across Thomas Cook’s broad network of stores and affiliates and provide new additional coverage options for most scenarios impacting your vacation or travel plans.
“We are extremely pleased to introduce the new Thomas Cook Travel Insurance product,” said Kevin McAdam, Director, Financial Services, Thomas Cook North America. “Pets, golf green fees and travel disruption – they are all things our travellers want insured, we’ve listened and we’re now providing expanded insurance,” he added.
The new insurance product boasts an expanded coverage range, and focuses on highly competitive rates, new plans, enhancement of current policies, and a variety of new benefits. Thomas Cook’s signature all-inclusive and new ‘Canada All-Inclusive’ plans have no pre-existing condition exclusions – meaning all Canadians can benefit from increased peace of mind while they travel.
How you’re covered:
- Unannounced Strikes – travel stress-free, even in today’s unpredictable business environment
- Pet Care – Feel good about bringing your pet away with you on vacation, and don’t get stuck footing the bill for Fido’s unexpected trip to the vet
- Missed connection – Is your first flight running late and has caused you to miss your connecting flight? No worries, you’re covered
- Golf trips – Did your trip to the links get interrupted? Thomas Cook will reimburse unused, pre-paid golf packages
- Hearing and Vision – Don’t spend your vacation in the dark. You’re covered if you break or lose a hearing aid or glasses while on vacation,so you won’t miss any of the action
Savvy travellers can purchase the new Thomas Cook Travel Insurance product nationwide at ThomasCook.ca or at one of our 109 retail outlets across Canada.
Under the Sears Travel brand, the new product will be sold as Sears Financial Travel Insurance – and encompasses all of the same offerings as the Thomas Cook Travel Insurance product.
About Thomas Cook
Thomas Cook is a full-service travel agency providing last-minute vacations, vacation packages and flight deals. The company is part of Thomas Cook Group plc, one of the world’s leading leisure travel companies. Operating in 21 countries, with a network of over 3,400 owned and franchised travel stores worldwide, in Canada the company has a total of 109 retail locations and employs 1,500 travel agents. The company’s other Canadian brands include tour operators Sunquest Vacations, Holiday House, Fun Sun Vacations and Exotik Tours, as well as BelAirTravel.com, Thomas Cook Financial Services and charter flights from Thomas Cook Canada. Thomas Cook also oversees operations for Sears Travel’s 106 retail shops nationwide as well as Searstravel.ca. For more information visit ThomasCook.ca or find them on Facebook at Thomas Cook Canada.