Active insurance provider also introduces managed detection and response offering to help identify and respond to cyber threats as soon as they are discovered
San Francisco, CA (May 2, 2023) — Coalition, the world’s first Active Insurance provider designed to prevent digital risk before it strikes, is pleased to announce the launch of the next generation of its cyber risk management platform, Coalition Control, to help organizations detect, assess, mitigate, and transfer cyber risk exposure. Coalition Control combines cyber risk monitoring, assessment, and quantification tools with third-party risk management and AI-powered assistance to provide unparalleled risk management capabilities to organizations of all sizes.
“Releasing the next generation of Coalition Control is a critical step towards fulfilling Coalition’s mission to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes,” said Chung-Man Tam, Coalition’s Chief Product Officer. “The platform’s advanced assessment and monitoring capabilities and innovative risk management features provide any organization with many of the tools they need to manage their cybersecurity risks.”
A snapshot of new Coalition Control features includes:
- Enhanced Security Assessments and Attack Surface Monitoring to identify vulnerabilities before hackers do — The new Control includes additional sources of threat intelligence, enhanced asset enumeration, and more accurate vulnerability scoring to continuously and comprehensively monitor for vulnerabilities. These capabilities are powered by the same proprietary claims data and honeypot network that powers Control’s Cyber Risk Quantification feature to translate cyber risk into financial impact and help organizations optimize their cyber insurance programs.
- CoalitionAI Security Copilot to effortlessly guide remediation efforts — Generative AI-powered Security Copilot provides guided expert remediation techniques, details on cybersecurity vulnerabilities, and explanations of coverage contingencies. Control does not just identify cybersecurity issues, it helps organizations solve them.
- Third-Party Risk Management to mitigate the risk of supply chain disruptions — Control users can now monitor the security and cyber risk of the third- and even fourth-party technology providers and vendors their operations depend on to avoid potentially costly service and supply chain interruptions.
- Lookalike Domain Monitoring & Take Down to stop phishing and impersonation attacks — Improved lookalike domain monitoring features now allow Control users to directly request domain takedowns from within Control, helping to mitigate phishing attacks, impersonation, and brand squatting.
- Managed Detection and Response to monitor and respond to threats inside the network — Coalition’s new MDR offering for endpoints and email includes 24/7 proactive identification, containment, and mitigation of cyber threats inside an organization’s IT environment.
“Coalition Control complements our cybersecurity program perfectly,” said Steve Michel, Vice President of Information Technology at Sutro Biopharma. “Not only does it give us the ability to assess our own public-facing cyber risks, but we can also evaluate the risks posed by our key partners and vendors. This is truly game-changing when you’re talking about keeping critical patient data and clinical research information protected at all times.”
The next generation of Coalition Control is already available to all Coalition Active Cyber Insurance policyholders. All others may sign up today at coalitioninc.com/control.
Coalition is the world’s first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. By combining comprehensive insurance coverage and cybersecurity tools, Coalition helps businesses manage and mitigate digital risks. Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition’s Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition is a distributed company with a global workforce that collaborates digitally and in office hubs. For more information, visit www.coalitioninc.com.
Coalition Insurance Solutions Inc. (“CIS”), a licensed insurance producer and surplus lines broker with its principal place of business in San Francisco, CA (Cal. license #0L76155), is acting on behalf of a number of unaffiliated insurance companies, and available on an admitted basis through Coalition Insurance Company (“CIC”) a licensed insurance underwriter (NAIC # 29530). Insurance products offered through CIS and CIC may not be available in all states. CIS may receive compensation from an insurer or other intermediary in connection with the sale of insurance. All decisions regarding any insurance products referenced herein, including approval for coverage, premium, commission, and fees, will be made solely by the insurer underwriting the insurance under the insurer’s then-current criteria. All insurance products are governed by the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions set forth in the applicable insurance policy. Please see a copy of your policy for the full terms, conditions, and exclusions. Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. Coalition and the Coalition logo are trademarks of Coalition, Inc. or its affiliates.
SOURCE: CoalitionTags: Coalition Inc., InsurTech, InsurTech Spotlight, launch, platform