Rolling Meadows, IL (Aug. 4, 2022) – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is pleased to announce the release of the Gallagher Re Global InsurTech Report for Q2 2022.
The report follows on this year’s theme of ‘Geographic Trends and Regional Idiosyncrasies’, with a specific look at the EMEA region through an InsurTech lens. In addition to profiling various InsurTech businesses, clients and individuals, this report provides our readership with the most current InsurTech investment data and view on the general market.
- InsurTech is showing signs of a small recovery, with Q2 funding up 8% on the prior quarter as total disclosed global InsurTech funding for the quarter reached an impressive $2.41 billion.
- Average deal size increased for the quarter by 18.3% — $22.11 million in Q2 compared to $18.72 million in Q1.
- The increase in average deal size is however overshadowed by a 7.7% decrease in total Q2 InsurTech deals. Q2 saw 132 InsurTech deals, compared to 143 InsurTech deals in Q1.
- Total disclosed funding for L&H InsurTech reached $918M in Q2. This reflects a 12.4% increase in funding from the prior quarter, as well as an increase in deals. There were 40 deals for L&H InsurTech in Q2 compared to 37 in Q1.
- $948 million was raised in six Q2 mega-rounds, including four based in the U.S.
For any questions or enquiries, please reach out to Andrew Johnston who leads the Gallagher Re InsurTech practice.
Click here for the author’s contact information.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG), a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm, is headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. The company has operations in 68 countries and offers client service capabilities in more than 150 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants. For more information, visit www.ajg.com.
SOURCE: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.Tags: Arthur J. Gallagher, InsurTech