Oldwick, NJ (Jan. 2, 2020) – The January 2020 issue of Best’s Review features a special section on the InsurTech sector. InsurTechs, which began to emerge about three years ago, leverage technology to achieve greater cost savings and a better customer experience than traditional insurance industry models. The InsurTech sector continues to evolve by working more closely with carriers and learning about the challenges of regulation, raising capital and bearing risk.
Highlights from the January 2020 issue include:
- “The Evolution of Insurtechs” – Best’s Review spoke with InsurTech leaders, including Dan Preston, CEO of Metromile, at the 2019 Insuretech Connect conference, discussing how some startups are content to follow the agent or MGA model, while others are converting to carriers in an effort to gain more control of their businesses.
- “Data Driven” – According to Protective Insurance’s CEO, trucking data is the key to mitigating losses on the road and in the courtroom.
- “Female Founders” – Best’s Review spoke with some of the most prominent women in InsurTech, including Clara Shih, CEO of Hearsay Systems, about their experiences in raising capital, launching startups and working to encourage other women in the industry.
- “Life Reshaped” explores how AIG Life & Retirement CEO Kevin Hogan has garnered little attention, but his group has produced a consistent level of profitability while the insurer turns around its general insurance business.
- “Going Private” – According to investment managers, return is harder to find than ever, forcing insurers to delve even deeper into alternative assets, such as infrastructure debt. This piece explores the reasons why in the conclusion of Best’s Review’s annual roundtable.
- Best’s Rankings of the Top Audit and Actuarial Firms.
- 2020 Trade Shows/Conferences Calendar.
Full access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available at www.bestreview.com.
About A.M. Best
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data provider specializing in the insurance industry. The company does business in more than 100 countries. Headquartered in Oldwick, NJ, AM Best has offices in cities around the world, including London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2020 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: A.M. BestTags: A.M. Best, AIG, Hearsay Systems, InsurTech, MetroMile, report, Truck