2016 Technology Conference: Overview
ICTC2016: “Technology: A Two-Edged Sword”
14th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Held Monday, Feb. 29, 2016 — Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Technology offers operational and strategic advantages, but the same tools can also introduce unexpected challenges as well as benefits. Understanding and managing the double-edged sword of technology is a key success factor for insurers – and the focus of ICTC2016.
Technology implementation requires internal staff and process adjustments. More significantly, new digital technologies can force a redefinition of an organization's strategies and business model. The rewards? The same technologies can pave the way to strategies for competing with existing and coming competitors. For example:
- New technologies – including Telematics and Internet of Things (IoT) sensors – will improve underwriting accuracy and reduce risk.
- Intelligent machines and analytics are poised to dramatically improve marketing programs, putting you on the same basis as non-traditional suppliers.
- Modern core systems can reduce expenses for the majority of businesses and may open opportunities for underwriting new, highly complex risks.
At the 2016 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference, you will hear from practitioners, analysts and suppliers, who will share their experiences with technology implementations to help you anticipate and avoid or profit from unanticipated consequences.
Presentations by thought leaders, including ...
Topics & Speakers
We have assembled an expert faculty who will focus on both edges of the sword. Topics include:
- Keynote: Becoming a digital insurer;
- The Internet of Things: “Doing to insurance what Starbucks Did to Coffee”;
- Mobility as a Service: How the evolving transportation ecosystem will impact insurance;
- Engaging customers: Realizing benefits from a 360 degree view;
- Analytics: Capturing big data and big benefits;
- Cyber risk – and rewards;
- And more ... See the complete list of confirmed topics. More presentations and speakers are being added regularly.
In addition to the formal presentations, you will benefit from:
- Networking opportunities with the faculty and your peers;
- Vendor exhibits and Vendor Connect tours.
The day's agenda will conclude with the ICTA ceremony and reception highlighting the presentation of the annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards.
Who Should Attend
Schedule & Location
8:30am - 6:30pm, Monday, February 29, 2016
Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Constitution Hall, North Building
All ICTC delegates are invited to the ICTA Awards and a short plenary program beginning at 4pm, Monday, Feb. 29, featuring:
- Keynote Presentation: “Digital Transformation – Becoming a Digital Insurer” by Gartner's Kimberly Harris-Ferrante;
- CxO panel;
- Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards ceremony;
- Insurer/Broker networking reception;
- Monday access to the ICTC Exhibit Hall.
The ICTA program is also a separate registration option for those unable to attend during the daytime.
To reach this broker and insurer audience, consider these sponsorship opportunities.
If you have questions about the Broker Forum, please contact Doug Grant at email@example.com.