2014 ICTC: Overview
12th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca P&C Insurance Technology Conference
“Re-energize, Refocus, Realign”
In the Real Race, Winners Excel at Sprints and Marathons
Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto — March 17-18, 2014
ICTC2014 was held Monday and Tuesday, March 18-19, 2013.
ICTC2015 will be held March 9-10, 2015, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Refocus, Realign, Re-energize at ICTC2014
The insurance industry is facing unprecedented business and technology demands. Insurance practitioners are challenged to:
- Invest in agile processes and technologies to sprint in front of the competition, and
- Support existing workflows and systems which maintain products and services.
ICTC2014 will help business and technical leaders refocus using actionable information, realign strategies based on business realities, and re-energize staff to achieve peak performance.
ICTC2014 Key Focus Areas
Marketing – In today's environment, customer engagement is the end, and big data and analytics provide the means, changing the role of marketing and its relationship with IT. A senior leadership panel and several focus sessions will address key strategic and operational components of the new way forward.
Telematics/Usage-Based Insurance – 2013 witnessed a number of announcements by insurers and brokers. 2014 will see more activity. ICTC2014 will host a full stream devoted to a review of penetration forecasts, strategic alternatives, and implications for Canadian insurance.
Core Systems – Many insurers are engaged in modernizing and replacing core business systems. Expert faculty, including leading suppliers, analyst firms, and experienced practitioners will provide data and case studies to assist with planning, execution, governance, and benefits realization.
Broker Technology – Leading brokers are facing the same pressures as insurers to ensure that their systems and processes are fully optimized. In cooperation with the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario, ICTC2014 will provide a venue for leading Broker System Vendors to showcase present capabilities and future enhancements.
Location Intelligence/Big Data/Analytics – Leading companies in other industry sectors (e.g., retail, automotive, and resource), are using new tools to combine environmental and big data with internal business information to realize new insights. ICTC2014 faculty will be providing information on the technologies available and the strategies for effective implementation.
Agenda: See the details of our confirmed topics and presenters.
Join more than 600 senior business and technology managers at ICTC2014, the only conference devoted to insurance technology in Canada. In its 12th year, the annual Insurance-Canada.ca P&C Insurance Technology Conference continues its tradition of content-rich sessions, allied events, such as the Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards, and substantial networking opportunities.
This focused, one-and-a-half-day conference targets the needs of:
- CIOs and senior IT directors;
- Broker principals, operations managers and technology officers;
- Senior claims, underwriting and marketing managers;
- Providers of claims and underwriting services;
- Providers of technology and communications products and services;
ICTC2014 will provide you with actionable information if you are evaluating or implementing projects or technologies in any of the following:
- Traditional and social tools for customer service and marketing;
- Better, cleaner data from internal and external sources;
- Data combined in new ways for quoting, underwriting and claims service;
- Information (big data) about the customer and his or her risks (telematics, social, mapping/location) and perils (geographic) that is new or was previously not processable;
- Analytics to better understand the customer and the risk, and manage the business;
- Better sharing (collaboration);
- And bringing all the above together, better core systems (broker, policy, claims, customer).
Brokers: We are pleased to advise that RIBO has accredited ICTC2014 by session, with up to 8 hours in the Management category and up to 1 hour in the Technical category.
Accredited sessions are now indicated in the Agenda at a Glance (PDF).
Note: A minimum of two (2) sessions within the same category must be completed for credits to be applicable towards the annual continuing education requirements. (Exactly two sessions are accredited in the Technical category.)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.