2013 ICTC: Overview
11th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
“The Engaged Insurance Environment: Agile, Mobile, Analytic, Collaborative”
Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto – March 18-19, 2013
ICTC 2013 was held Monday and Tuesday, March 18-19, 2013.
ICTC 2014 will be held March 17-18, 2014.
Engagement is a key to success for P&C insurance organizations. The 2013 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference focuses on agile strategies, tactics and technologies to elevate engagement and realize benefits.
In response to attendee requests, the 2013 ICTC has expanded to a multi-day format, with a flexible registration plan. The conference will be held Monday and Tuesday, March 18 & 19, 2013, at the Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto.
The conference will begin at noon on Monday with presentations on two current key industry topics: telematics and social media in our community. The 2013 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards (ICTAs) will complete the formal part of the first day, and will be followed by a welcoming reception in the exhibit hall for all attendees.
Tuesday will follow the traditional format with up to three streams of concurrent sessions specifically for insurers, distributors and technology professionals. There will be opportunities to visit the exhibits and to network throughout the day and at the closing reception.
A distinguished faculty is being assembled to provide attendees with business-oriented, actionable information.
All presentations will be provided in business terms – no technology background is required.
With its focus on the use of technology in P&C Insurance, this conference will allow you to:
- Hear first hand from implementers of engagement strategies, and agile methods;
- Learn how the next level of analytics tools can help leverage your data;
- Learn about changing customer communications strategies and tools;
- Determine why and how you can become more of a social business;
- Hear how mobile is changing the way we work;
- Understand the trends and directions modern technology is taking BMS, Policy, Claims, Client and related systems – how it is enabling better data exchange and improving customer service;
- See how all these changes will impact the direction of the Canadian industry over a ten year horizon;
- Network with your peers, partners and providers who share a like interest;
- and more.
This focused, one-and-a-half-day conference will target the needs of:
- CIOs and senior IT directors;
- Broker principals, operations managers and technology officers;
- Senior claims, underwriting and marketing managers;
- Providers of claims and underwriting services;
- Providers of technology and communications products and services;
Brokers: RIBO has accredited this conference for the continuing education program
Both days (March 18-19, 2013) — 8.5 hours Management
Day 1 (March 18, 2013) — 3.5 hours Management
Day 2 (March 19, 2013) — 5 hours Management
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.