Events & Announcements
This page lists events (surveys, webinars, and conferences) and announcements from Insurance-Canada.ca and our sponsors that may be of interest to Canadian insurance professionals.
|Conferences||Webinars & Seminars|
The 5th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Executive Forum, “Insurance: Connected,” will be held Tuesday, August 29, 2017, at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
Find more information in the conference calendar.
See our complete schedule.
- Apr. 24: Registration is open for the 2017 Executive Forum, August 29, at the Toronto Sheraton Centre.
- Apr. 10: ORBiT's annual Real Time Day is Monday, May 15, at the Hilton Meadowvale hotel in Mississauga. For more information and to register, click here.
- Apr. 4: Looking ahead to ICEF2017: The 5th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Executive Forum, “Insurance: Connected,” will be held Tuesday, August 29, 2017, at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
- Mar. 3: The photos from the 2017 Technology Awards are now available.
- Mar. 3: We have posted the photos from the 2017 Broker Forum; find yourself and your colleagues!
- Mar. 3: Photos from the 2017 Technology Conference are online. Take a look; share your favourites!
- Mar. 2: Thank-you to everyone who attended our 2017 Technology Conference and Broker Forum, and to all the speakers, sponsors, and staff.
- Mar. 1: Congratulations to the winners of the Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards and the People's Choice Awards!
- Feb. 27: A silver sponsor at the Technology Conference, Salesforce will ponder whether InsurTech is hype, or real looking at digital transformation and distribution.
- Feb. 25: For core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement, visit the exhibit by Guidewire, a bronze sponsor at the 2017 Technology Conference.
- Feb. 24: A bronze sponsor at the Technology Conference, DMTI Spatial will feature high-precision location-based information and data quality solutions.
- Feb. 23: Keys to success – reframe core systems and enable digital customer experience – from Information Builders, a silver sponsor for the 2017 Technology Conference.
- Feb. 22: getClarity, a bronze sponsor at the Technology Conference, will show how data they gather can provide unique insights for insurers and brokers.
- Feb. 21: Stop the presses! Check in with Canadian Underwriter, an exhibitor and our exclusive media sponsor for the 2017 Broker Forum.
- Feb. 20: Need new – or more – staff? Time for a career move? InsuranceWorks is there for you, online (insuranceworks.ca) and at the Technology Conference and Broker Forum as a bronze sponsor.
- Feb. 19: How does a large global claims company take on the challenges of disruption? Explore with Crawford Canada, silver sponsor of the Broker Forum.
- Feb. 18: Symcor, a bronze sponsor for our Technology Conference and Broker Forum, assists with business processing and customer communication services
- Feb. 17: AssureSign, a bronze sponsor and exhibitor at the Broker Forum, can help you to understand and realize the potential of electronic signatures.
- Feb. 16: A silver sponsor for our 2017 Technology Conference and Broker Forum, eSignLive will share experiences with e-applications and alongside Assumption Life, plus ‘e-signature FAQs’ for brokers.
- Feb. 15: A supporter of the 2017 Technology Conference, iCon Alliance brings expertise in technology planning and support to discussions at the event.
- Feb. 14: Kanetix is a platinum sponsor for the 2017 Technology Conference and Broker Forum; COO Andrew Lo will discuss “What's Driving Your Customers” in these disruptive times and “Digital Consumer Acquisition” for brokers.
- Feb. 13: Customer Acquisition, Retention and Engagement using digital. Discuss with Kumaran Systems, a silver sponsor at the 2017 Technology Conference.
- Feb. 10: eSentire, a bronze sponsor for our 2017 Technology Conference, offers detection and response services to protect organizations against cyber attacks.
- Feb. 9: Discover solutions for brokers, and passion for the opportunities, from Keal, a silver sponsor for the 2017 Broker Forum.
- Feb. 8: Technology Conference delegates can reenergize their gadgetry at the device charging station sponsored by ISO Claims Partners, experts in improving claims with analytics.
- Feb. 7: InsurTech and Blockchain: Navigate ahead, and sort hype from reality, with Willis Towers Watson, a silver sponsor for ICTC2017.
- Feb. 6: Gold sponsor Qlik will present speaker John Kelso of Manulife – discussing how to measure customer experience using advanced analytics – at ICTC2017.
- Feb. 3: Innovation, disruption, InsurTech – they all require an agile enterprise. Discuss in depth with technology consultancy X by 2, a silver sponsor for our 2017 Technology Conference.
- Feb. 2: A silver sponsor at the Broker Forum, PolicyWorks showcases technology support for brokers servicing commercial lines customers.
- Feb. 1: Visit SAS, a silver sponsor for the upcoming Technology Conference, to learn more about machine learning, analytics, and deep learning in insurance.
- Jan. 31: Telematics can bring compelling value to claims management. Explore more deeply with Octo Telematics, a gold sponsor at our 2017 Technology Conference.
- Jan. 30: A supporter of the Technology Conference and Broker Forum, Intact will have representatives in attendance to add to the discussion of leading trends and directions.
- Jan. 27: At the 2017 Broker Forum, bronze sponsor SURE General Contracting will exhibit their restoration services to help brokers and insurers serve their customers.
- Jan. 26: As a bronze sponsor for the 2017 Technology Conference, OneShield will be on hand to exhibit its portfolio of core and ancillary insurer systems, and their installation options.
- Jan. 25: IBAO is a broker sponsor for the 2017 Broker Forum, and its delegates will ensure the needs of brokers are taken into account in the conversation about industry challenges.
- Jan. 24: At the Technology Conference as a gold sponsor, Hubio will describe the actions broker companies need to take to win against the direct writers.
- Jan. 23: Bringing a focus on mobile, customer experience and payments, Interac is a silver sponsor at the 2017 Technology Conference.
- Jan. 20: MCCG, provider of the Insurance Business Solution (IBS®), will be on hand for the Technology Conference as a bronze sponsor to share in the thought leadership at the end.
- Jan. 19: A supporter of the 2017 Technology Conference and Broker Forum, Unica is a subsidiary of La Capitale General Insurance, one of the largest property & casualty insurers in Canada, and offers solutions to protect consumers' homes, cars and businesses.
- Jan. 18: SEH Computer Systems is a promotional sponsor for our 2017 Technology Conference; enjoy a specialty coffee on them, and discuss core systems.
- Jan. 17: Delegates from The Guarantee and Cowan Insurance Group, supporters of our 2017 Technology Conference and Broker Forum, will add to the discourse around the changes facing and challenging the insurance industry.
- Jan. 16: A gold sponsor at ICTC2017, Korem will discuss the potential of location intelligence in underwriting and claims.
- Jan. 13: For both our Technology Conference and our Broker Forum, Northbridge Insurance is a supporter; their staff will take advantage of, and contribute to, the thought leadership at the event.
- Jan. 12: Canadian Underwriter is the media sponsor for ICTC2017; watch for reporting of major topics presented there.
- Jan. 11: A grassroots organization and a broker sponsor for the 2017 Broker Forum, ORBiT will share their passion for efficient processing and quality service.
- Jan. 10: Looking beyond the hype to getting value from data and analytics, Hortonworks is a silver sponsor for our 2017 Technology Conference.
- Nov. 30: Registration is open for the 2017 Technology Conference (Feb. 28) and Broker Forum (Mar. 1)
- Oct. 31: Benchmark IME's 3rd Annual Accident Benefits Conference will take place Wednesday, November 23
- Oct. 5: Webinar on demand: Enable Analytics in a Financial Services Organization – SAS & David Parent
- Oct. 3: The winner of the ICEF2016 feedback draw, selected randomly from among those who completed the evaluation survey by September 12, is Marc Philips, TD Insurance.
- Sept. 12: Photos from the 2016 Executive Forum are now online.
- Aug. 19: Deloitte, a platinum sponsor for ICEF2016, provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the insurance sector, with a focus on the real issues affecting businesses today.
- Aug. 12: Virtuace, a bronze sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, delivers exceptional results in the development of enterprise-scale software systems.
- Aug. 9: ICEF2016 silver sponsor EY can help you find growth opportunities in uncertain times.
- Aug. 2: InsuranceWorks.ca, a bronze sponsor for the Executive Forum, is Canada's leading insurance jobsite, committed to providing outstanding employment-related support and services.
- July 28: Now available on-demand: “A Canadian Broker's E-Signature Success Story”
- July 22: IBM is a gold sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum. IBM Insurance helps clients meet the demands of today's insurance business; from enhanced customer service to greater efficiency in the back office and improved risk management, there's a smarter solution for you.
- July 18: Canadian Underwriter, the media sponsor for the Executive Forum, has established itself as Canada's leading insurance journal, providing insurance professionals with an award-winning package of articles, features, news and events.
- July 11: SAP, a gold sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, helps more than a thousand of the world's best-run insurance companies which are leveraging SAP products and services to help them improve performance and become more customer-centric.
- June 27: Free webinar: eSignLive presents A Canadian Broker's E-Signature Success Story featuring Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers, 11am, Thursday, July 21, 2016
- June 24: Symcor, a bronze sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, is one of Canada's leading providers of business processing and client communications management services, supporting major banks, insurance, retail, and telecommunications companies in Canada.
- June 13: Kanetix Ltd., a gold sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, assists thousands of Canadians each day to do comparison shopping based on their various financial needs. Its Software-as-a-Service team is also the leading provider of online insurance quote technology to insurance providers.
- June 10: Information Builders Innovation Sessions: live webcast “Succeeding With Analytics: Mastering People, Process, and Technology” will take place June 23.
- May 31: HP Exstream, a platinum sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, provides a multichannel customer communication management (CCM) solution. Make the most of every customer touch point by creating insightful, impactful, real-time customer communications.
- May 30: Information Builders Innovation Sessions: live webcast “Real-Time Data Integration for Modern BI” will be held June 9.
- May 16: eSignLive by VASCO, a silver sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, is an electronic signature solution used by eight of the top 15 insurance carriers in North America to support digital transformation.
- May 11: Canada's largest digital marketing forum for financial services, the 6th Annual Digital Marketing for Financial Services Summit will be held June 2-3 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto. Innovate your brand, build trust, address compliance and differentiate your CX.
- May 2: MCCG, a bronze sponsor for the 2016 Executive Forum, will be attending to discuss technology-related trends that present opportunities and challenges for their member companies.
- Apr. 25: Information Builders Innovation Sessions: live webcast “The Next Big Thing in BI: How In-Document Analytics Changes the Game” will take place May 4.
- Apr. 18: Information Builders Innovation Sessions: live webcast “Data Quality and Governance in a Data-Obsessed World” will be held April 27.
- Apr. 14: ORBiT Real Time Day 2016: “Ready, Set, Get it Done!” – Thursday, May 5, in Mississauga.
- Apr. 13: Join Information Builders for breakfast in Toronto (April 26), Kitchener (April 27), or Montreal (April 28) and see how the highest-performing companies use data and analytics to innovate and change the game. We'll explore how to get a strategic data advantage and improve analytics for better decisions for more people.
- Apr. 11: Information Builders Innovation Sessions: live webcast “How to Design a Better BI and Analytics Experience for Everyone” will take place April 19.
- Mar. 4: Photos are now posted from the 2016 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference, Technology Awards (ICTA) presentation ceremony and Broker Forum.