Travel Insurance Checklist
Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider before purchasing travel insurance in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises when you have a claim.
- What is NOT covered in the plan? (These are called “exclusions.”)
- Does the plan have a deductible that you must pay for each claim?
- Does the plan deny benefits if your medical emergency arises because of a health problem you already had when your trip started? (This is called a “pre-existing condition.”)
- Does the plan require you to determine – by yourself – whether you meet the insurance company's health standards before you can buy?
- Are there specific exclusions that pertain to sports or other activities?
Please note, these questions are intended as a helpful guideline only, and are not meant to be exhaustive.
Our simple travel insurance buying checklist will help you to get the coverage you need and avoid unpleasant surprises by asking the right questions before you purchase insurance.
News and Articles