Many people travel to international destinations for their employers, on their own as independent businesspeople, or alone for personal purposes. Such travelers have a set of insurance needs distinct from those of a tourist.
Typically, your government or regular health insurance plan will not cover you when you travel to another country. Expatriate health insurance plans cover those who are awaiting insurance coverage in the country in which they intend to reside. These health insurance plans are designed to insure necessary health care and, in some cases, return trips for health emergency reasons to your original country of residence.
Contact: Bill Bailey at [email protected] or call 1-888-522-4999 toll-free.
As companies strive to compete effectively in the global marketplace, employees need to be able to move and adapt quickly to new working environments. We understand the complexities of worldwide healthcare delivery. Our dedicated service representatives can help you anywhere in the world. We currently serve more than 700 international client companies and cover over 200,000 expatriates, their families and business travelers.
Get an immediate quote for home, auto or travel insurance from Hudson Henderson.
News and Articles
- Medical reasons are behind one-third of Canadians’ travel claims: RBC Insurance
- Ending Out-of-Country Medical Insurance Too Quickly May Put Ontario Consumers at Risk
- Snowbirds oppose Ontario’s plan to eliminate out-of-country medical coverage
- CAA Travel Insurance now covers shared economy bookings within Trip Cancellation and Interruption Coverage
- Most Provinces In Breach of Canada Health Act: Snowbird Report Card
- Trip Cancellation Insurance Not a Priority for Two-Thirds of Canadian Travellers
- Half of Canadians check their work emails while on vacation (72% for Millennials!)
- Preparation is Key for a Rewarding Snowbird Travel Season
- Goose Travel Insurance Launches Across Canada
- AIG Launches Canada’s First Travel Insurance on Demand Smart App