Vehicle telematics is being applied by the auto insurance industry in different ways. Driver behaviours (accelerating, braking, cornering, etc.) and driving characteristics (where, when, etc.) can be gathered through various sensor and communications devices. The resulting data can be analyzed and reported. The results can be used simply to report back to the insured party to influence driving behaviour, or can be tied directly to insurance premiums. Different insurers use different models in their insurance programs for customers.
The featured providers noted below provide products and services in the vehicle telematics space to the insurance industry and others.
See also the latest telematics news
Head Office in Waterloo ON
Serving all of Canada and the USA
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS) is a global leader in Telematics, Infotainment and Connected Car solutions. We provide end-to-end solutions in Usage Based Insurance (UBI) for 8 of the top 25 auto insurers in the United States and are the definitive Telematics Service Provider (TSP) in Canada.
IMS delivers the following benefits to our insurance partners:
- Solid business models including Customer Relationship Management programs.
- Value-added services to differentiate program and enhance consumer appeal.
- Flexible deployment models that include plugged-in, brought-in, built-in and beamed-in options.
- Investment options including Purchases plans and Leasing (Telematics as a Service) no trademarks
- Consumer adoption models that will ensure nearly full program participation.
- Quality of service and data that are unmatched.
- The only true turnkey solution on the market, complete with flexible device selection, Data Analytics partners and Marketing support.