Athletes from Canada often have the opportunity to hone their athletic skills in a particular sport with the assistance of a scholarship to attend a university or college in the USA. While out of Canada, they need health insurance different from the provincial plan they are covered under at home.
Living and studying in the United States means that travel health insurance may not be appropriate. The nature of the athletic activities – competitive sports – may also preclude the use of many other health plans.
A good health insurance plan which covers the unique needs of athletes on a scholarship at an American school should be part of any such athlete's travel plan and kit bag.
Head Office in Minden, ON
Serving all of Canada
Health Insurance for Canadian Athletes in the USA on School Scholarships
Contact: Bill Bailey at [email protected] or call 1-888-522-4999 toll-free.
Your specialists for sports accident coverage for associations, leagues, organizations, tournaments and sports camps for players, coaches and referees of all ages. Coverages include Accident, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Specific loss, Accidental Dental benefit, Rehabilitation benefits and Out of Country medical insurance coverage.
Get an immediate quote from Hudson Henderson.
News and Articles
- AIG, Player’s Health Partner To Offer Participant Accident Insurance To Amateur Sports Group
- Impact Applications And Player’s Health Announce Partnership To Provide FDA-Approved Concussion Testing
- Edwards Insurance Announces Travel Health Insurance For High-Risk Sports Participants
- ENCON Launches New Sports, Leisure and Recreation Program
- Spring, Sports and Insurance
- Allied World North America and Venture Insurance Programs Launch Sportsman Coverage
- Insurance Brokers and the Canadian Ski Patrol Encourage Safety on the Slopes