Gowlings: Redefining the lawyer-client relationship
What if you could combine experienced insurance litigators with powerful claims management software that lets you manage every aspect of your litigation portfolio online ... all for a fixed fee?
Join this complimentary webinar to explore the potential that XClaim brings to insurance claims management and the lawyer-insurer relationship. Learn how enhanced collaboration and transparency in the relationship along with alternative fee structures can improve your management of external legal counsel and contribute to the cost-effective and efficient handling of an insurance litigation portfolio.
See how XClaim:
- releases you from the dependency on your legal counsel for file updates and status reports;
- permits you to track litigation handled by legal counsel at your convenience on a 24 /7 basis – on a portfolio-wide or individual file basis;
- simplifies and streamlines e-mail communication with your legal counsel and allows you to have more informed communications with your legal counsel;
- contributes to file handling efficiencies by providing alternative fee structures to hourly billing by legal counsel;
- provides you a state of the art, on-line accessible document management platform;
- facilitates the gathering of real-time litigation management and claims portfolio data;
- can drive the development of claims handling competitive advantages for you.
Ralph D'Angelo, senior counsel, Gowlings
Ralph D'Angelo is senior counsel in Gowlings' Hamilton office and national manager of the XClaim Portfolio Claims Services. He is involved with the implementation of innovative approaches to the management of insurance claim litigation. He also practises in the areas of insurance and personal injury defence.
Ralph has more than two decades of experience with legal departments at two property and casualty insurance companies, where his practice involved litigation, arbitration and appellate work before the Ontario courts and at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. He provided coverage opinions on disputes involving personal and commercial lines wordings. In addition, he advised the insurers on underwriting issues and assisted with the crafting of policy and endorsement wordings.