Although the general pace of innovation has been slow, the emergence of new paradigms in the field of Data and Analytics has increased disruptive pressures on IT and business leaders in the P&C industry.
In this webinar, “Modern Data Platforms: Dealing with Disruption in the Era of Advanced Analytics and AI,” X by 2 will share practical strategies and tactics to adapt your traditional data platforms to cope with such pressures. Our talk will focus on the following two areas:
- Enterprise Architecture strategies that enable your data infrastructure to serve both traditional and more advanced algorithmic use-cases.
- Patterns to bridge the Business-IT divide for efficient and timely delivery of strategic data capabilities.
Scroll down to watch the recording.
Director, IT & Data Strategy, Architecture,
X by 2
With more than 20 years of global experience in various industries and technologies, Ahsan Siddiqi helps senior technology and business leaders with their IT & digital transformational journey:
- People, process, technology alignment to organizational objectives;
- Enterprise IT strategy, architecture, delivery planning and implementation;
- Modern data platforms & advanced analytics capability development;
- Transitioning core enterprise legacy technologies to modern solutions.
Syed N. Haider
Director, IT & Data Architect,
X by 2
Syed Haider has more than 15 years of extensive experience designing and implementing enterprise class application and integration frameworks as well as business applications. Some of his project experience highlights include:
- Lead for the implementation of production processes for NCQA accreditation;
- Integration architecture and strategy for an EMR initiative;
- Agile implementation of various web-based services for enhancing physician/patient interaction and engagement;
- Architecture, design, and implementation of call center portal for TAC and NOC services provider.
Doug Grant has been helping the insurance industry in Canada – individual companies and cross-industry groups in both P&C and Life – make effective use of technology for many years.
The progress of technology from the first green screens to smart phones, apps, social and IoT has been a fascinating journey. Connecting businesses in the supply chain with EDI and portals has improved efficiencies and service times; the next wave of APIs, platforms and micro-services will enhance connectivity; AI, Blockchain, Voice and other emerging technologies promise better customer service.
The web took digital connectivity to the customer. Social brought new functions, triggering the current focus on self-service, customer experience and engagement; paradoxically both enhancing loyalty and increasing freedom of choice.
Doug is a founding partner of Insurance-Canada.ca, a leading Canadian Insurance resource centre for consumers and insurance professionals alike. He helps organize and host Insurance-Canada.ca's annual conference and other industry events.