Technology offers operational and strategic advantages, but the same tools can also introduce unexpected challenges as well as benefits. Understanding and managing the double-edged sword of technology is a key success factor for insurers – and the focus of ICTC2016.
Technology implementation requires internal staff and process adjustments. More significantly, new digital technologies can force a redefinition of an organization's strategies and business model. The rewards? The same technologies can pave the way to strategies for competing with existing and coming competitors. For example:
- New technologies – including Telematics and Internet of Things (IoT) sensors – will improve underwriting accuracy and reduce risk.
- Intelligent machines and analytics are poised to dramatically improve marketing programs, putting you on the same basis as non-traditional suppliers.
- Modern core systems can reduce expenses for the majority of businesses and may open opportunities for underwriting new, highly complex risks.
At the 2016 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference, you will hear from practitioners, analysts and suppliers, who will share their experiences with technology implementations to help you anticipate and avoid or profit from unanticipated consequences.
Topics & Speakers
We have assembled an expert faculty who will focus on both edges of the sword. Topics include:
- Keynote: Becoming a digital insurer;
- The Internet of Things: “Doing to insurance what Starbucks Did to Coffee”;
- Mobility as a Service: How the evolving transportation ecosystem will impact insurance;
- Engaging customers: Realizing benefits from a 360 degree view;
- Analytics: Capturing big data and big benefits;
- Cyber risk – and rewards;
- And more ... See the complete list of confirmed topics. More presentations and speakers are being added regularly.
In addition to the formal presentations, you will benefit from:
- Networking opportunities with the faculty and your peers;
- Vendor exhibits and Vendor Connect tours.
The day's agenda will conclude with the ICTA ceremony and reception highlighting the presentation of the annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards.
Who Should Attend
Schedule & Location
8:30am - 6:30pm, Monday, February 29, 2016
Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Constitution Hall, North Building
All ICTC delegates are invited to the ICTA Awards and a short plenary program beginning at 4pm, Monday, Feb. 29, featuring:
- Keynote Presentation: “Digital Transformation – Becoming a Digital Insurer” by Gartner's Kimberly Harris-Ferrante;
- CxO panel;
- Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards ceremony;
- Insurer/Broker networking reception;
- Monday access to the ICTC Exhibit Hall.
The ICTA program is also a separate registration option for those unable to attend during the daytime.