Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do brokers get credit for RIBO continuing education?
- 2. How can I provide feedback on the event?
- 1. Where do I find information on sponsor packages?
- 2. What are sponsor electives?
- 3. When do I have to select my sponsor electives?
- 4. How do I register delegates who are included with my sponsorship?
- 5. How do I register additional delegates beyond those included with my sponsorship?
- 6. How do I register my company speaker?
- 7. Where do I book hotel rooms for our delegates?
- 8. May I submit articles and news releases for inclusion on the Insurance-Canada.ca website?
- 9. How do I access the delegate list?
- 10. How do I arrange an email blast? And how should I submit it?
- 11. How do I arrange an ad in the Chronicle e-newsletter?
- 12. How do I arrange a guest blog post for the Intersection blog?
- 13. What information do I need to ship materials to the event?
- 14. Is there a recommended customs broker?
- 1. Who are the session organizers / moderators?
- 2. What do I need to provide ahead of time?
- 3. When am I speaking?
- 4. Do I have to do anything to register?
- 5. What staging and audio-visual equipment can I expect?
- 6. How long are the sessions?
- 7. What are the specifications for presentations?
- 8. How will presentations be distributed?
- 9. Will sessions be recorded?
- 10. How are sessions promoted?
We will be applying to RIBO for accreditation of InsurTechTO for the Continuing Education program.
The type and quantity of credit will not be known until after the event. Historically, most events are approved for credit in the Management category (occasionally sessions are accredited in the Technical category).
The regulators impose a high level of compliance, and Insurance-Canada.ca must follow the rules set by RIBO for this event. More details will be posted here when they are received.
An evaluation form will be available for delegates to provide feedback.
See Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF).
Every sponsor level includes a set amount of elective dollars included in the fee. With these dollars, you can customize your sponsor package to meet your specific marketing needs. There are many options available – see the sponsor prospectus for details.
Electives must be selected by Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
Contact your sales representative, who will register those people on your behalf. Please note, we require the full name, job title and email address of each delegate, along with a phone number and business mailing address.
You will receive a special sponsor registration code from your Insurance-Canada.ca contact, providing a discounted registration rate.
You can register additional delegates online at your convenience.
Contact your sales representative who will register your speaker on your behalf. Please note, we require the full name, job title and email address of each speaker, along with a phone number and business mailing address.
Yes, as part of your sponsorship, you may submit articles, press releases, white papers, and other newsworthy materials for distribution through our website and newsletter until December 31, 2019.
The delegate list will be made available online by the day of the event – an access code will be included in the delegate kit.
Contact your sales representative to arrange and book an e-blast. Please note: We limit e-blasts to a certain number per week. If you wish your e-blast to go out prior to the event, be sure to book as soon as possible.
If you wish to use our standard e-blast template, all you need to provide is text (including hyperlinks if appropriate) and one or two graphics (optional); we will lay out and send to you for approval. (Please note, our template accommodates content up to 675px wide, laid out in either one or two columns.)
If you wish to submit your own HTML for an e-blast, you may. Please note the following best practices:
- Only in-line CSS should be used (no separate stylesheets or header style element);
- Layout width should not be greater than 700px if possible;
- Hyperlinks should be direct to the targets (e.g., our distribution client will not permit bit.ly redirects);
- Animated GIFs are discouraged, as only the first frame will display on some email clients;
- Light-coloured text that requires a background image or dark background for legibility is discouraged.
Contact your sales representative to arrange and book an ad. Please note: Space is limited. If you wish to run your ad prior to the event, be sure to book your dates as soon as possible.
You have the option of either a Big Box ad or a text ad:
- A big box runs in the right column of the newsletter and measures exactly 300 × 250 pixels. Please provide a jpg or (static) gif file, and the URL for the hyperlink to your site.
- A text ad includes up to 75 words of text, plus your logo or a substitute graphic conforming to the standards of a Rectangle Ad (maximum dimensions 180 × 150 pixels). The text can include multiple hyperlinks to your website, products and services.
Contact your sales representative to make arrangements for a guest blog post.
A guest blog should be 400-600 words in length. Note this is subject to review by the blog editor. The content should be a reflective point of view in your area of expertise. No sales pitches will be accepted.
The editor asks that the content be sent at least a week in advance of posting. If you wish to do your post before the event, be sure to arrange the date as soon as possible, as the Intersection posts a limited number of blog updates per week.
TDI Business Centre – located in the lobby – handle all package receiving, storage and delivery. Refer to these documents:
- Package handling and storage fees outlines charges based on the weight of the package
- Use a shipping label to outline where and by when you want it delivered (please ensure delivery is specified at a time when Insurance-Canada.ca has the meeting space)
For shipping out, guests can choose to drop packages off at the TDI office to ship out or have them pick it up from your meeting room (a handling fee is involved).
TDI has a preferred agreement with FedEx, so if guests use FedEx as their courier and have a return shipping label, then the handling fee for shipping out does not apply.
You can use any broker of your own choice (but the hotel recommends against UPS).
The hotel uses Livingston:
- [email protected]
The moderators and session organizers for InsurTechTO are:
For each speaker, please provide a biography (roughly 100-150 words) and an accompanying photo (high-resolution if possible) which we will post on our website and use for print and digital promotions.
Speaking times will be confirmed roughly 2 weeks ahead of the event.
Insurance-Canada.ca will register you. Your session organizer will co-ordinate that.
For the plenary sessions:
- The speaking area will be on a raised platform. The room will be equipped with standard AV equipment: projector, screen, laptop with powerpoint, podium with microphone, lavalier microphone. For any panels, there will be seating on stage, and microphones will be available.
Sessions for Sponsors are 15 minutes. At the Sponsor Plus level, the session length is 25 minutes.
Refer to the agenda when it is finalized and posted for specifics (see Q2), but note that the times posted must also include introductions – we will be very brief.
If you wish to hold any Q&A or discussion, you must allow for that within your session allotment. Please discuss with your organizer if you are unsure.
We do not require presentations to adhere to a standard template – go with your own. We would appreciate a reference to the event or to Insurance-Canada.ca on the title page, concluding page, and/or footer (if used) in your presentation.
The projection equipment will be set up for the newer standard aspect ratio of 16:9. The old format 4:3 will work – but it will have black bars showing on both sides. 16:9 is optimal.
Sound and video can be accommodated, but please let us know by Friday, October 26 if you require them.
Our attendees expect not to hear sales pitches and react poorly when they do hear them. Please review your presentations with this in mind. If you have questions, contact your organizer.
Please send a copy of your presentation to your organizer/moderator by Wednesday, October 31.
Be sure to check in with your moderator during the breakfast, coffee or lunch break before your session. If there is anything you wish to test, please make specific arrangements with your moderator in advance.
We will NOT be printing hand-out copies at the event.
We will send a note to delegates shortly after the event indicating the availability of the presentation materials.
Please notify us by Wednesday, October 31 whether yours will be available or not, and if so, how, e.g.:
- Posted on our site available for download – preferably in PDF format (send us the file);
- Posted on your site and available for download with or without registration (send us the link);
- Otherwise available from you or your company upon request (provide details or contact information to make the request).
We will be video-recording the presentations as we did at the most recent Technology Conference and Executive Forum.
Insurance-Canada.ca is promoting InsurTechTO and individual sessions to our readership on our website, in our weekly newsletter, through social media and via dedicated email blasts. We are also running ads in Canadian Underwriter.
Should you wish to promote your session yourself to a greater extent to your own audience, please go ahead.
Should you wish to use our services to do additional promotions about your session to our audience, we offer several paid opportunities (an eBlast, a Blog Post, text ads). The promotions can be targeted to different segments, e.g. to delegates only or to our larger audience. Should you wish to promote your presentation or the availability of associated reference materials, for example, promotions can be done prior to the event and/or afterwards. Ask for details.