In order to select finalists from the qualified nominations, and then the winners from among the finalists, we convene a jury of experts knowledgeable in the process of insurance and the successful use of technology in the industry.
The jurors review the nominations at the end of the year to select the finalists. In January, the jury meets again to review the finalists' nominations to select the winners.
Some of our ICTA jurors are insurance practitioners who make use of technology, while some are involved in helping the industry to utilize technology more effectively, and some look at how technology is used – or will be. Together they bring to bear a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Insurance-Canada.ca thanks them for their contribution.
The members of the jury are:
- Dean Bast, VP National Distribution Management, The Guarantee;
- Traci Boland, Chair, Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario; Partner/Manager, Ontario West Insurance Brokers;
- Mike Fitzgerald, Senior Analyst - Insurance, Celent;
- Dorothy Josephson, Vice President, Solutions Delivery, Systems, SGI;
- Catherine Kargas, Vice President, MARCON;
- Dave Lund, Claims / Operations Manager, AIG Canada;
- Lorie Phair, Managing Director, Canadian Broker Network;
- Catherine Smola, President and CEO, CSIO;
- Eric Weisburg, Vice President Research & Consulting, Novarica.
The members of the jury will be recognized during the awards ceremony.
The 2018 ICTAs will be presented at the 16th annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference (ICTC2018) in Toronto on Tuesday, February 27.