Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I register for the forum?
- 2. Where can I find information on the agenda, topics and speakers?
- 3. How do I book hotel rooms?
- 4. How can I see who else is registered or communicate with other delegates?
- 5. How do brokers get credit hours for RIBO continuing education?
- 6. How can I provide feedback on the event?
- 1. Where do I find information on sponsor packages?
- 2. What are sponsor electives?
- 3. When do I have to select my sponsor electives?
- 4. Where and when must sponsor elective deliverables (lanyards, flyers, etc.) be received?
- 5. How do I register delegates who are included with my sponsorship?
- 6. How do I register additional delegates beyond those included with my sponsorship?
- 7. How do I register my company speaker?
- 8. Where do I book hotel rooms for our delegates?
- 9. May I submit articles and news releases for inclusion on the Insurance-Canada.ca website?
- 10. How do I access the delegate list?
- 11. How do I arrange an email blast? And how should I submit it?
- 12. How do I arrange an ad in the Chronicle e-newsletter?
- 13. How do I arrange a guest blog post for the Intersection blog?
- 1. Where and when is the forum?
- 2. Who are the session organizers / moderators?
- 3. What do I need to provide ahead of time?
- 4. When am I speaking?
- 5. Do I have to do anything to register?
- 6. What staging and audio-visual equipment can I expect?
- 7. How long are the sessions?
- 8. What are the specifications for presentations?
- 9. How will presentations be distributed?
- 10. Will sessions be recorded?
- 11. How are sessions promoted?
All registration is done online; register here. You may register up to four individuals at a time. In order to complete the registration process, you will need each individual's name, job title, and email address, along with a business name, phone number and mailing address.
Any delegates registering at the special insurer or broker rates must use their corporate email address (not a personal address such as Gmail).
An early-bird discount is in effect until Friday, July 20, 2018.
The most current information is posted on the Presentation Topics page.
We are making arrangements with the Sheraton Centre Toronto for a block of rooms at a special rate. We recommend that you reserve your room as early as possible, as demand for rooms at most downtown hotels is expected to be very high. See Venue & Accommodations for booking details.
An event app will be made available to registered delegates 1-2 weeks prior to the event. The event app offers the ability to view other delegates who have also downloaded the app and to send messages.
We will be applying to RIBO for accreditation of this forum for the Continuing Education program.
The type and quantity of credit will be assigned for each individual session; however, these details will not be known until after the forum. Historically, most sessions are approved for credit in the Management category, others in the Technical category.
The regulators impose a high level of compliance, and Insurance-Canada.ca must follow the rules set by RIBO for this event. More details will be posted here when they are received.
An evaluation form will be available for delegates to provide feedback.
See Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF).
Every sponsor level includes a set amount of elective dollars. With these dollars, you can customize your sponsor package to meet your needs. There are many options available: sponsorship of meals, reception, or registration desk; or advertising/ promotional options.
Electives must be selected by Friday, July 27, 2018.
Some electives, such as the delegate kit bag, lanyards, and flyers for the delegate kit, must be delivered in advance. These items should be received by Friday, August 24. Please clearly label the package as being for the Insurance-Canada.ca Executive Forum and deliver to:
150 King St. West, Suite 805
Toronto, Ontario, M5H 1J9
Contact your sales representative, who will register those people on your behalf. Please note, we require the full name, job title and email address of each delegate, along with a phone number and business mailing address.
You will receive a special sponsor registration code from your Insurance-Canada.ca contact, providing a discounted registration rate.
Contact your sales representative who will register your speaker on your behalf. Please note, we require the full name, job title and email address of each speaker, along with a phone number and business mailing address.
We have made arrangements with the Sheraton Centre Toronto for a block of rooms at a special rate. We recommend that you reserve your room as early as possible, as demand for rooms at most downtown hotels is expected to be very high. See Venue & Accommodations for booking details.
Yes, as part of your sponsorship, you may submit articles, press releases, white papers, and other newsworthy materials for distribution through our website and newsletter until August 30, 2019.
The delegate list will be made available to sponsors online in advance of the event – a sponsor rep may request the URL and password up to two weeks prior. The access URL and passcode will also be in the delegate kit at the event and in the event app.
The event app, which will be made available to sponsors and to delegates prior to the event, also offers to ability to contact other delegates and sponsors who have downloaded the app.
Contact your sales representative to arrange and book an e-blast. Please note: We limit e-blasts to a certain number per week. If you wish your e-blast to go out prior to the event, be sure to book as soon as possible.
If you wish to use our standard e-blast template, all you need to provide is text (including hyperlinks if appropriate) and one or two graphics (optional); we will lay out and send to you for approval. (Please note, our template accommodates content up to 675px wide, laid out in either one or two columns.)
If you wish to submit your own HTML for an e-blast, you may. Please note the following best practices:
- Only in-line CSS should be used (no separate stylesheets or header style element);
- Layout width should not be greater than 700px if possible;
- Hyperlinks should be direct to the targets (e.g., our distribution client will not permit bit.ly redirects);
- Animated GIFs are discouraged, as only the first frame will display on some email clients;
- Light-coloured text that requires a background image or dark background for legibility is discouraged.
Contact your sales representative to arrange and book an ad. Please note: Space is limited. If you wish to run your ad prior to the event, be sure to book your dates as soon as possible.
You have the option of either a leaderboard (banner) or a text ad:
- A leaderboard runs at the top of the newsletter and measures exactly 728 × 90 pixels. Please provide a jpg or (static) gif file, and the URL for the hyperlink to your site.
- A text ad includes up to 75 words of text, plus your logo or a substitute graphic conforming to the standards of a Rectangle Ad (maximum dimensions 180 × 150 pixels). The text can include multiple hyperlinks to your website, products and services.
Contact your sales representative to make arrangements for a guest blog post.
A guest blog should be 400-600 words in length. Note this is subject to review by the blog editor. The content should be a reflective point of view in your area of expertise. No sales pitches will be accepted.
The editor asks that the content be sent at least a week in advance of posting. If you wish to do your post before the forum, be sure to arrange the date as soon as possible, as the Intersection posts a limited number of blog updates per week.
8:30am - 6:00pm, Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
Registration and continental breakfast open at 7:45am.
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Dominion Ballroom, 2nd Floor
See Venue & Accommodations for more details.
The moderators and session organizers for the forum are:
For each speaker, please provide a biography (roughly 100-150 words) and an accompanying photo (high-resolution if possible) which we will post on our website and use for print and digital promotions.
When the schedule is finalized, the agenda will be posted on the Presentation Topics page.
Insurance-Canada.ca will register you. If you are a sponsor, that will be done through the sponsor contact. If you are not a sponsor, arrange through your session organizer.
The speaking area will be on a raised platform. The room will be equipped with standard AV equipment: projector, screen, laptop with powerpoint, podium with microphone, lavalier microphone. For any panels, there will be seating on stage, and microphones will be available.
For planning purposes, the "standard" session length is 30 minutes. Refer to the agenda when it is finalized and posted for specifics, but note that the times posted must also include introductions – we will be very brief.
If you wish to hold any Q&A or discussion, you must allow for that within your session allotment. Please discuss with your organizer if you are unsure.
NOTE: Sessions by sponsors have unique standard lengths depending on the level of sponsorship: Platinum is 35 minutes; gold is 25 minutes; silver is 15 minutes. On occasion non-standard durations have been arranged, for example a panel position instead of a speaking slot, or a shorter speaking slot plus a panel position.
We do not require presentations to adhere to a standard template – go with your own. We would appreciate a reference to the event or to Insurance-Canada.ca on the title page, concluding page, and/or footer (if used) in your presentation.
The projection equipment will be set up for the rising standard of 16:9. The old format 4:3 will work fine, but will have black bars showing on both sides – 16:9 is optimal.
Sound and video can be accommodated, but please let us know by Friday, August 17 if you require them.
Our attendees expect not to hear sales pitches and react poorly when they do hear them. Please review your presentations with this in mind. If you have questions, contact your organizer.
Please send a copy of your presentation to your organizer/moderator by Tuesday, August 21.
Be sure to check in with your moderator during the breakfast, coffee or lunch break before your session. If there is anything you wish to test, please make specific arrangements with your moderator in advance.
We will send a note to delegates shortly after the forum indicating the availability of the presentation materials. (We do not print copies to hand out at the event.)
Please notify us by Friday, August 17 whether yours will be available or not, and if so, how, e.g.:
- Posted on our site available for download – preferably in PDF format (send us the file);
- Posted on your site and available for download with or without registration (send us the link);
- Otherwise available from you or your company upon request (provide details or contact information to make the request).
We will be video-recording the presentations as we have at our recent events.
Insurance-Canada.ca is promoting the forum and individual sessions to our readership on our website, in our weekly newsletter, through social media and via dedicated email blasts. We are also running ads in Canadian Underwriter.
Should you wish to promote your session yourself to a greater extent to your own audience, please go ahead.
Should you wish to use our services to do additional promotions about your session to our audience, we offer several paid opportunities (an eBlast, a Blog Post, text ads). The promotions can be targeted to different segments, e.g. to delegates only or to our larger audience. Should you wish to promote your presentation or the availability of associated reference materials, for example, promotions can be done prior to the event and/or afterwards. Ask for details.
If you have further questions about the Executive Forum, please email email@example.com.