What happens when risk changes?
Risk is not passé just yet, but it is changing dramatically, and as it slowly tends toward elimination, insurance participants themselves are at risk. Don't move too slowly – or too quickly! – but change you must.
- Automobiles are moving toward partial or full autonomy. Will we experience the anticipated decrease in claims? Where will liability fall? Who will end up insuring what?
- Smart homes will detect water, smoke, fire and more. Can losses be significantly reduced? What role do insurers play in a smart home?
- Smart businesses will adopt protocols to better manage and reduce traditional risks. Will risk management overtake indemnification? How do insurers play?
- A connected world is exposed to cyber risk. Can insurers find reward for services beyond indemnification premiums?
- InsurTechs are an external competitive threat. How do you leverage or respond to this? Will you lose out if you don't?
- Insurance investments in new technologies from AI and blockchain to voice assistants are driving myriad improvements. Will this force changes to the business model? How can you create a competitive edge?
- The customer experience in other industries can be truly impressive. How can companies in insurance improve engagement and experiences for customers in line with the expectations being set elsewhere? How do we integrate CX with insurance transactions?
Risk is changing on all fronts, and this in turn will drive changes to the traditional insurance model. Explore with thought leaders who will discuss their experiences to date, the trends now, and implications for the future.
Presentations from thought-leaders, including ...
Who Should Attend?
This event will provide significant insights for:
- CEOs and COOs, to understand business model implications;
- CIOs, CFOs, CROs, for planning, prioritization, and risk/disruption management;
- Underwriting, claims, and actuarial officers, for quantification of impacts;
- Marketing officers, for planning segmentation, targeting and digital/engagement strategies;
- Broker principals and partners, for strategic and operational planning.
Schedule & Location
8:30am - 6:00pm, Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
Registration and continental breakfast open at 7:45am.
The day will conclude with a networking reception 4:30-6:00pm.
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Dominion Ballroom, 2nd Floor
- RIBO has confirmed Continuing Education accreditation for this event.
- The 2018 Executive Forum was accredited for 6.0 hours of CE credit in the Management category.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions about this event.