The automobile is a cornerstone of Canadian society. Nearly all vehicles make their way onto the highway and road network, for which insurance is mandatory across the country. Many Canadians who work depend on their vehicle for personal transportation to and from work. Most drivers also rely on a car for errands and recreation.
Some vehicles require special insurance because they are uncommon or unique in some way: high performance, antique, customized, etc. Similarly, some drivers require auto insurance with special terms and conditions due to their driving record, accident history or another characteristic which takes them out of the norm. Most, however, qualify for standard auto insurance.
The cost of insurance varies significantly due to characteristics of the driver(s) and the car(s), where and when it is driven and parked, and more. Check with the featured providers below for a quote and to buy, and seek advice from a qualified professional to make sure the insurance you buy matches your needs.
Serving all of Canada
Head office in Toronto
With more than 70 partner companies, including many of the nation's top providers, Kanetix.ca shops the market for you. No one else covers as much of the market as we do. We search for your lowest rates. You choose your best quote from the options available to you, and we connect you to the company to secure your selected rate. Saving money on insurance has never been this easy.
News and Articles
- Ford and Mobileye Expand Relationship to Offer Better Camera-Based Collision Avoidance
- 700 drivers reminded that distracted driving is still against the law
- IBC Hails Ontario Announcement Increasing Oversight of Towing Industry
- CCC Extends Mobile, AI Capabilities to Deliver Virtual Vehicle Inspection Solution to Underwriters
- Growth of electric cars comes with a host of new risks and claims scenarios
- Shifting from Auto Insurance Transaction to Mobility Customer Experience: Majesco Report
- Culture change: Lowest number of impaired driving fatalities and injuries on record
- Auto Insurance Websites Surpass Agents in Importance to Customer Interaction: J.D. Power U.S. Survey
- Self-driving vehicles could struggle to eliminate most crashes: IIHS
- Charges in Organized Crime Investigation in Tow Truck Industry