The automobile is a cornerstone of Canadian society. Nearly all vehicles make their way onto the highway and road network, for which insurance is mandatory across the country. Many Canadians who work depend on their vehicle for personal transportation to and from work. Most drivers also rely on a car for errands and recreation.
Some vehicles require special insurance because they are uncommon or unique in some way: high performance, antique, customized, etc. Similarly, some drivers require auto insurance with special terms and conditions due to their driving record, accident history or another characteristic which takes them out of the norm. Most, however, qualify for standard auto insurance.
The cost of insurance varies significantly due to characteristics of the driver(s) and the car(s), where and when it is driven and parked, and more. Check with the featured providers below for a quote and to buy, and seek advice from a qualified professional to make sure the insurance you buy matches your needs.
Serving all of Canada
Head office in Toronto
With more than 70 partner companies, including many of the nation's top providers, Kanetix.ca shops the market for you. No one else covers as much of the market as we do. We search for your lowest rates. You choose your best quote from the options available to you, and we connect you to the company to secure your selected rate. Saving money on insurance has never been this easy.
News and Articles
- Charges in Organized Crime Investigation in Tow Truck Industry
- Yukon Territory Approves Use of Electronic Proof of Auto Insurance
- FSRA Releases Guidance to Support Insurers in Providing Emergency Relief to Auto Insurance Consumers
- HONK Updates Mobile Roadside Assistance App, Leveraging AI to Increase Transparency for Carriers and Consumers
- Desjardins announces a refund for auto insurance clients who are driving significantly less
- Northwest Territories Approves Electronic Proof of Auto Insurance
- AXA XL launches single customisable policy for autonomous vehicles
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Launches Mobile App Rewarding Drivers for Safe Behavior Behind the Wheel
- Reporting impaired driving to police remains as important as ever
- Drivers Lack Knowledge About Their Auto Policies: Chubb Survey