The automobile is a cornerstone of Canadian society. Nearly all vehicles make their way onto the highway and road network, for which insurance is mandatory across the country. Many Canadians who work depend on their vehicle for personal transportation to and from work. Most drivers also rely on a car for errands and recreation.
Some vehicles require special insurance because they are uncommon or unique in some way: high performance, antique, customized, etc. Similarly, some drivers require auto insurance with special terms and conditions due to their driving record, accident history or another characteristic which takes them out of the norm. Most, however, qualify for standard auto insurance.
The cost of insurance varies significantly due to characteristics of the driver(s) and the car(s), where and when it is driven and parked, and more. Check with the featured providers below for a quote and to buy, and seek advice from a qualified professional to make sure the insurance you buy matches your needs.
Serving all of Canada
Head office in Toronto
With more than 70 partner companies, including many of the nation's top providers, Kanetix.ca shops the market for you. No one else covers as much of the market as we do. We search for your lowest rates. You choose your best quote from the options available to you, and we connect you to the company to secure your selected rate. Saving money on insurance has never been this easy.
News and Articles
- Police recover 31 stolen and unlawfully towed vehicles in GTA
- Examining Auto’s Future: 2020 Deloitte Global Automotive Consumer Study
- Police Announce Disruption Of High-End Vehicle Theft Ring
- SGI launches new and improved Safe Ride app
- Ontario Police Leaders Team Up With IBC, ASSI to Stop Thefts of Vehicles and Valuables
- Tech-Savvy Thieves Don’t Need Your Keys
- Nearly half of Canadian drivers think vehicle safety technology poses a risk to road safety
- Half of accident victims just don’t know what to do
- More Than 740,000 Autonomous-Ready Vehicles to Be Added to Global Market in 2023: Gartner Forecast
- Heads up: Distracted driving penalties are getting tougher