Toronto, ON (Apr. 4, 2018) – After an extensive application and selection process for the largest InsurTech Growth Program in Canada, Aviva Canada and OneEleven are proud to announce the startups chosen to participate in the program to develop their projects and drive innovation in insurance.
“These five startups offer a wide range of solutions to the InsurTech ecosystem reaching healthcare, financial and commercial real estate services,” says Ryan Spinner, Head of Digital and Innovation at Aviva Canada. “We’re thrilled to kick-start this mentorship program together with OneEleven and have the opportunity to work with these startups firsthand and accelerate their innovation projects.”
“OneEleven is proud to work with Aviva Canada on a series of initiatives that nurture and build the InsurTech ecosystem in Canada,” says Amanda Filipe, Manager of Partnerships at OneEleven. “This program is a truly collaborative and focused effort that will directly impact the growth of these five incredible companies.”
The five chosen startups will begin their intensive four-month growth program with Aviva Canada and OneEleven starting immediately. They are:
- Maple – Maple enables timely and convenient access to non-emergency healthcare in a time when the Canadian healthcare system is under tremendous pressure to cope with an aging and growing population. They connect patients with physicians 24/7 through an online, interactive consultation room available on mobile, tablet or computer.
- MapYourProperty – MapYourProperty (MYP) is an intelligence platform, providing key real estate and land development information in three simple clicks. The platform can provide a due diligence report in under 30 seconds. MYP clients can access prospective commercial project in real-time and streamline their risk diligence process by 50%.
- RateHub – RateHub aims to facilitate faster and more accurate insurance quotes with meaningful comparisons from the providers that most closely align with what users actually need. To do this, RateHub secures proprietary and external data sources with auto capture technologies that streamline the end-to-end process for 800,000 monthly visitors.
- Soundpays – Soundpays utilizes ultrasonic sound wave technology to deliver product purchase information directly from advertising or broadcast content to the mobile device. Users can make instant, single-touch purchases while viewing an ad – whether it be on TV, online or digital signage.
- WealthTab – Streamlining account opening, quoting and client proposals for financial services and insurance. WealthTab reduces the number of steps it takes to validate and synchronize client information.
About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country, providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than 2.8 million customers. A subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, Aviva Canada has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for their customers and our communities. Learn more at Aviva.ca.
OneEleven, North America’s largest scaleup innovation hub, was founded in November 2013 in partnership with OMERS Ventures, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), and Ryerson University. Its vision is to help the next generation of Canadian tech companies compete and win on the global stage by providing the most promising, high-growth startups with infrastructure and access to capital, customers, and talent. Learn more at OneEleven.com.
Source: Aviva CanadaTags: Aviva, InsurTech, OneEleven