InsurTech program will help up-and-coming insurtechs to deliver their insurance solutions
Toronto, ON (Feb. 5, 2018) – OneEleven and Aviva Canada are joining forces to support the success of growing Canadian InsurTech companies. This four-month program will provide six select companies with the high-impact resources and networks they need to scale and grow their innovative ventures.
If you have an ambitious team and an exciting project you want to develop with one of the world’s leading insurance companies, we invite you to apply today!
- Mentorship – One-on-one tailored mentorship sessions from Aviva Canada’s executive team.
- Exposure – Unique opportunity to pitch to Aviva Ventures, a $170M CAD UK-based fund (*No funding guaranteed from Aviva Ventures).
- Network – Introductions to key Aviva decision-makers, prospective clients and partners.
- Learning – Specially designed educational sessions led by experienced founders and technology leaders.
- Growth – A chance to co-develop your project with one of Aviva’s 14 offices around the world.
- Community – Connect with OneEleven’s exclusive community of startup founders and their teams.
- Proven traction in the market
- Innovative technology with the potential to change the competitive landscape
- Clear partnership opportunity with the insurance industry
- At least $300,000 CAD in capital raised or revenue generating
- At least one founder working on the venture full-time
- Alignment with one or more of the following categories:
Micro-insurance, Disruptive Distribution, Warranty Solution, Data and Analytics, New Insurance Products and Propositions, FinTech/AI, Disruptive Mobility, New Marketing Channels, Product Recommendation Engines and/or Real-time Simulations
Please see Terms and Conditions for full program eligibility.
- Application period: January 29, 2018 – March 4, 2018
- In-person pitch for select applicants: March 14, 2018
- Mentoring sessions: April 16 and 17, 2018
- Workshop 1: April 30, 2018
- Workshop 2: May 16, 2018
- Progress presentations: May 25, 2018
- Workshop 3: June 4, 2018
- Final pitch to Aviva Ventures: July 18, 2018
OneEleven, North America’s largest scaleup innovation hub, was founded in November 2013 in partnership with OMERS Ventures, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), and Ryerson University. Its vision is to help the next generation of Canadian tech companies compete and win on the global stage by providing the most promising, high-growth startups with infrastructure and access to capital, customers, and talent. Learn more at OneEleven.com.
About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country, providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than 2.8 million customers. A subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, Aviva Canada has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for their customers and our communities. Learn more at Aviva.ca.
Source: OneElevenTags: Aviva, InsurTech, InsurTech Growth Program, OneEleven