New SMA Blog by Mark Breading, Partner, Strategy Meets Action
Boston, MA (Jan. 15, 2018) – CES (formerly known as the Consumer Electronics Show) has become the biggest tech event in the world. CES2018 is so massive that there could probably be fifty different Top 10 lists.
Here are just a few of mine, which I hope you will find interesting and useful.
Top 10 Themes At CES2018:
- 5G and AI are the top enabling technologies for the connected world of the next decade.
- Voice assistants are everywhere – incorporated into every smart device possible.
- Everyone is talking about mobility (driverless vehicles, the sharing economy, smart cities reshaping transport).
- The next big UI trend will be Augmented Reality for All (AR for All).
- Cutting the cord is a big trend (wireless power, untethered VR, wireless audio, etc.).
- Biometrics gain steam for security (facial recognition, fingerprint, voiceprint, iris scan, etc.).
- Smart Cities are gaining more visibility (they even had a special agenda and exhibit focus this year).
- AI is not only an enabler for the next decade, it is becoming dominant today.
- Specialized chips and sensors abound – for LiDAR, AI, visioning, and many other applications.
- Smart-home tech continues to proliferate, although winning platforms and companies are starting to emerge.
For more, including 10 favourite products and the 10 most unusual products, click here to read the full blog.
Exclusively serving the insurance industry, Strategy Meets Action (SMA) is an advisory services firm offering retainers, research, consulting, events, and innovation offerings to both insurance companies and solution providers. Learn more about SMA at www.strategymeetsaction.com.
SOURCE: Strategy Meets Action (SMA)Tags: CES2018, SMA Strategy Meets Action