Boston, MA (Nov. 14, 2017) – Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) today unveiled the Professional FirstTM Network Security & Privacy Liability Policy in Canada, a solution that combines cyber liability and breach response coverage with risk management resources for commercial enterprises and financial institutions.
“Our new policy simplifies the complex endeavor of managing cyber exposures for both our business partners and our customers,” said Michael Densham, SVP, Executive & Professional Lines, BHSI Canada. “We are excited to round out our Executive and Professional Lines offerings with this flexible cyber solution, backed by BHSI’s commitment to service and unparalleled financial strength.”
The Professional First Network Security & Privacy Liability Policy is designed to deliver multi-faceted coverage and crisis management services for large commercial enterprises and a wide range of financial institutions, including credit unions, banks, asset managers, and insurance companies.
Policy highlights include:
- Coverage for both first and third party exposures resulting from data security and privacy breaches, including regulatory investigations, fines and penalties.
- Breach expense and extortion threat coverage, addressing the direct expenses an Insured incurs to effectively respond to a breach or extortion threat.
- Media liability coverage, which responds to traditional media exposures (e.g. through a company’s website) arising from electronic content.
- Business interruption coverage to pay lost income and related expenses incurred as a result of the Insured’s partial or full business interruption due to a network security failure.
- Online access to eRiskHub® tools and resources to help policyholders understand cyber exposures, establish a breach response plan, and prepare to mitigate the impact of a breach on their organization. eRiskHub is provided via NetDiligence, a leading cyber security and e-risk assessment firm.
BHSI policyholders also have access to legal experts to help them manage their obligations following a breach, forensic IT services to identify and contain a breach, and public relations and credit monitoring firms to manage the reputational damage that can accompany an incident.
BHSI’s new Network Security & Privacy Liability Policy is the latest addition to its Professional First suite of professional liability products, which are designed to provide clear, current and customizable coverage for financial and commercial firms.Tags: Berkshire-Hathaway, Network Security