Commercial Insurance Telematics Solution Combines IMS‘ Industry Leadership in Insurance Telematics with Geotab’s Industry Leadership in Fleet Management Technology
Chicago, Ill. (Sept. 6, 2017) – Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS), a leading connected car and insurance telematics solution provider, has announced an insurance telematics offering that meets the specific fleet insurance needs of commercial lines carriers, combined with full fleet management capabilities. Deployments and trials are underway with leading insurers in North America.
Based on the 2017 Conning Commercial Automobile Report, commercial lines insurers have experienced their poorest underwriting results in recent years. Due to adverse loss frequency and severity trends, including those caused by distracted driving, commercial lines combined ratios have risen to over 100%, creating an unprofitable environment for the industry. In order to stay profitable, commercial insurers have been forced to increase premiums to the dissatisfaction of clients. Insurance telematics provides commercial insurers the ability to improve profits by encouraging and enforcing safe, distraction-free driving behaviors.
IMS Commercial Insurance Telematics offers a complete and comprehensive solution for commercial lines carriers that includes:
- Data feeds and analytics: to assess risk and price commercial fleet premiums accordingly, using flexible data collection options, such as smartphone, beacon, OBD and professionally
- Driver behavior assessment: to monitor key behaviors including acceleration, braking, time of day, day of week, cornering, speed, distracted driving, mileage and garaging location.
- Mobile telematics app for fleet drivers: to provide coaching and feedback, and to further encourage safe driving through competitive fleet leaderboards.
- Full IMS Business Center: to manage and administer program and customer success.
- Base fleet management system with professional fleet management system upgrade path: to help fleet managers better control costs and associated productivity, including the ability to upgrade to a professional full fleet management system using technology provided by Geotab – a leader in developing advanced GPS fleet management solutions.
“The IMS Commercial Insurance Telematics solution enables fleet insurers to restore their business back to profitability,” said Dr. Otman Basir, CEO and Founder of IMS. “Through our unique partnership with Geotab, we are able to offer the industry’s most comprehensive solution for commercial lines insurers, by also providing options to fully satisfying the needs of fleet managers.”
“Our new commercial insurance telematics solution offers benefits to insurers, fleet drivers and fleet managers,” said Christopher Dell, Senior Director, Product Management and Development at IMS. “Commercial insurers finally have the proper tools to engage, retain and assess fleet risk to ensure a profitable book of business. Fleet drivers get regular real-time feedback to continuously improve driver safety. Fleet managers have the ability to select or upgrade to the fleet management system that is suited to their fleet size and vehicle composition, improve driver behavior and realize cost savings at every stop along the way.”
The IMS Commercial Insurance Telematics solution is currently being deployed and in trials with commercial lines insurers in North America. To learn more, visit IMS at Booth 32 in Chicago at the Connected Car Insurance USA 2017 tradeshow, or visit www.intellimec.com/commercial.
About Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS)
Established in 1999, IMS is a leader in connected car technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. The unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, IMS technology revolutionizes industries. For more information, visit www.intellimec.com/.
Source: Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS)Tags: Fleet Management, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS), Telematics