New York, NY (Mar. 15, 2017) – The North American Connected Insurance Observatory, a think tank formed in 2016 and dedicated to engaging the insurance industry and innovation leaders, has named its Advisory Committee to help guide and stimulate future discussions on the Internet of Things (IoT), telematics and other insurance innovation topics and trends in the North American market.
“IoT and telematics are relevant technologies for the future of the insurance industry. The North American Observatory is currently conducting research on these two topics including a survey of ACORD members,” said Matteo Carbone, Founder and Director of the Connected Insurance Observatory. “Our new Advisory Committee members will help support this study and other activities by the Observatory as we explore the critical business and operation issues of connected insurance.”
The North American Connected Insurance Observatory Advisory Committee includes:
- Steve Anderson, President at The Anderson Network, world-renowned authority on agency technology
- Anne Melissa Dowling, Former Director of the Illinois Department of Insurance
- Mike Scrudato, Senior Vice President and Strategic Innovation Leader at Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., responsible for leading the mobility domain that develops risk management solutions for the new era of mobility, including such areas as vehicle telematics, shared mobility, crash avoidance systems, and autonomous driving
- Paul Carroll, Chief Executive Officer at Insurance Thought Leadership and former editor at the Wall Street Journal
- Ujjval Patel, Vice President at ACORD, responsible for the research and strategy area of the organization
The North American Connected Observatory will take advantage of the synergies it has with the Connected Insurance Observatory, which is based in Europe and comprises more than 30 international insurance groups, institutions and technology firms. The Connected Insurance Observatory, with a strong insurance foundation, offers multi-client research focused on the insurance IoT domain, one-to-one workshops dedicated to each member to discuss research outcomes, and symposiums that encourage learning and lively discussion among members.
For further information, contact Matteo Carbone, Founder & Director, Connected Insurance Observatory, at firstname.lastname@example.org (or phone: +393346220378).
Matteo will be the keynote speaker at the 2017 Insurance-Canada Executive Forum, August 29 in Toronto.