2017 ICTA Nomination. Technology by Ingle International Inc.
Travel Navigator™ is a web and mobile application that provides a one-stop destination for medical, security, and travel information before, during, and even after a trip. With Travel Navigator™, users can learn of immunizations they need, locate Imagine Financial Ltd.’s health care providers around the world, find travel advisories on high-risk countries, and access their assistance providers and more.
The technology benefits Imagine Financial Ltd. by allowing its policy holders to have the ability to purchase insurance products directly in the mobile application and web platform and integrate with member benefit sites and payment gateways. Travel Navigator™ can be used as a promotional tool for Imagine Financial to enhance a product offering or as an additional sales channel to increase sales. Travel Navigator™ also connects members directly to the Imagine Financial Ltd.’s claims and assistance departments. For larger insurance companies, Travel Navigator™ can be further customized so that they can provide specific co-branding for each of their subsidiaries or distributor channels.
Travel Navigator™ is also integrated with its own extensive medical and travel databases. These resources provide Imagine Financial Ltd.’s policy holders with access to health articles, travel medical advice, a conditions library, direction to health care facilities through Imagine’s Preferred Provider Network (PPN), real-time alerts, and comprehensive destination information.
In terms of innovation, Travel Navigator™ has developed several new technologies to enhance the experience and address issues travellers might face. One such issue is the lack of Internet connectivity while on a trip. To solve this problem, an advanced caching and content delivery system was created to push data to the user’s device. This system allows Travel Navigator™ to deliver a seamless experience for policy holders both online and offline, regardless of whether they have an Internet connection. The application also employs GPS tracking options to both A) provide relevant content to users in specific geographic locales and B) locate travellers in need of emergency assistance and share their location and any other relevant information with Imagine Financial Ltd.’s assistance providers who offer 24/7 multi-lingual assistance.
With a sophisticated, real-time alert system, Travel Navigator™ provides immediate access to timely information in the event of an emergency. Based on what is available to policy holders at the time of emergency, the application can provide alerts in various formats: in-app notifications, email, SMS, or automated call. This occurs in real-time so that users have access to this information instantly—even before they are aware of a potential issue.
The application, combined with these unique innovations, provides a comprehensive end-to-end solution for travellers who hold specific Imagine Financial Ltd. insurance policies or Chubb Accident and Health Policies for Europe, Eurasia, and North Africa.
The technology was implemented and deployed in March 2015 with continuous updates on design, integration features, and content. Since its inaugural deployment, Version 2 of Travel Navigator™ launched October 31, 2016 to integrate with Imagine Financial Ltd.’s insurance platform.
In Summary, the essential features of the Travel Navigator™ technology include:
- White-labelling capabilities to allow clients the ability to showcase their brand and maximise exposure.
- Client feature integration: connects seamlessly to online portals, payment processors and other features.
- Administrator dashboard: ability to access important duty of care and user management information including a live view of real time traveller tracking.
- Real-time alerts: keeping travellers aware of any travel, health and security alerts 24/7 relevant to their specific geo-location.
- Geo-tracking and communication: Travellers are geo-tracked to enhance safety when abroad and can be communicated with via in-app push notifications or email and SMS directly from the administrative dashboard.
- 24/7 assistance: travellers have immediate access to Imagine Financial Ltd.’s assistance with one touch of a button around the clock every day of the year. Chubb integrated 16 of the organisations assistance companies into their white-labelled application developed by Ingle International Inc. (Chubb Travel Smart) to create a seamless experience for their end clients.
- Destination details: access to pre-trip tips and destination information, including details on culture, security, embassies, currency converter, weather and more.
- Health care facilities locator: search Imagine Financial Ltd.’s Preferred Provider Network (PPN) of health care providers around the world in-app, and filter content by hospitals, labs, clinics, and more.
- Health information search tool: search locations specific travel health conditions and medications.
- E-wallet: Imagine Financial Ltd.’s policy holders can view their e-wallet card in-app with their specific policy information. Available by Travel Navigator™’s integration with Imagine Financial Ltd.’s insurance database.
- Itinerary: keep record of upcoming trips.
The features of Travel Navigator™ benefit the risk managers and travellers all over the world by staying informed and connected before, during and after a trip on one platform.
More specifically, Travel Navigator™ benefits Imagine Financial Ltd. by providing insurance policy holders with all the features described in one central location. The technology links directly to the Imagine Financial Ltd.’s insurance platform database and provides unique personal information to specific policy holders. Policy holders will have access to their e-wallet card, to claims, and assistance all at the touch of a button. Not only do policy holders have access to more in depth travel information, but they have their travel insurance and assistance in the event of an emergency always available on their mobile device. These services and integrations not only provide a seamless experience for the user, but also increases sales and customer satisfaction for Imagine Financial Ltd.
Travel Navigator™ is first and foremost a product enhancement. It is designed to differentiate Imagine Financial Ltd.’s product by providing a multi-purpose web and mobile access point to its services, value added content and tools.
The impact is an improved win rate in competitive bids and more retained business for Imagine Financial Ltd. Most recently, Imagine Financial Ltd. won a bid to roll out Travel Navigator™ to one of Canada’s largest provincial school boards to provide the technology for students travelling internationally. Chaperones will be able to track their students while abroad and keep in touch, and students will have the peace of mind of immediate assistance in the event of an emergency and destination detail content for any trip needs.
Secondary benefits are derived by improved access to services, content, and personalized communication, which improves up-sell/cross-sell ability and mitigates risk through behaviour modification.
Additionally, the Travel Navigator™ serves as an Integration Hub for Imagine Financial Ltd.; creating a seamless experience for the user while navigating across the service silos of the Imagine Financial Ltd. For example, serving a user the optimal Travel Assistance number from across 16 potential providers based on policy profile and location.
About Ingle International
A trusted name in the industry, Ingle International provides customized travel insurance solutions for anyone studying, working, or living anywhere in the world. Representing insurers worldwide, Ingle International will find the right insurance product to suit the unique travel needs of groups and individuals.
Ingle International is part of the Ingle Group of Companies, specializing in insurance, health care, and emergency assistance services since 1946.
About Imagine Financial
The Imagine Travel & Health Insurance Network is a professional group of individuals who specialize in meeting the travel insurance, student insurance, and health care needs of anyone going anywhere in the world. Our work is supported by our in-house technology group, high-service member contact centers, a creative media team, and results-driven client strategists. We offer our clients 24/7 support in multiple languages, along with topical content to keep them informed about travel and the world of insurance.
Source: Imagine FinancialTags: ICTA nomination, Imagine Financial, Ingle International, Travel Navigator