DriveSync 5 introduces key innovations to give insurers more differentiation, more engagement and more value
Waterloo, ON (Apr. 19, 2016) – Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc., a leader in connected car technology, today announced a major upgrade to its DriveSync® platform. The upgrade is the culmination of years of research and development, introducing new innovations that address common industry challenges facing insurers around competitive differentiation, policyholder retention and program economics. DriveSync 5 enables customization without sacrificing speed to market; introduces engaging customer experiences that help ensure retention; and provides cost savings and increased value that further justify the business case for UBI.
DriveSync 5 represents a platform upgrade with 12 major enhancements, as well as many system and back-end updates. Based on our research, learning and customer feedback, popular enhancements include:
- Secondary Driver Support – Enables the addition of a secondary driver to the UBI policy, and the ability for policyholders to view the driving data of those drivers to help coach and improve driving behavior. This capability empowers insurers to design differentiated programs for multi-driver families, new drivers and car sharing.
- Intelligent Detection of Drivers and Transportation Modes – Automatically determines who the driver is and, for mobile-based programs, whether the trip was taken in an insured vehicle or on public transportation. This feature intelligently engages the policyholder with the correct coaching and feedback.
- Bluetooth-based OBD Device Support – Provides insurers with the richness of OBD data while leveraging the policyholder’s smartphone for connectivity. This offers insurers a cost-optimized experience with direct access to vehicle data.
- Bluetooth Assist – Intelligently identifies vehicles and improves trip start and trip end accuracy using the existing Bluetooth system. This functionality eliminates the cost of additional hardware by leveraging in-vehicle systems to infer which vehicle is being used.
- API Integration – Provides insurers the ability to create a custom UBI solution, enhance an existing solution or integrate UBI into their existing product through IMS’ suite of APIs and interfaces for rapid deployment to market.
“Our customers expect IMS to be an innovation leader, providing solutions to the challenges they face”, said Dr. Basir, President and CEO of IMS. “DriveSync 5 takes program differentiation, policyholder engagement and program value to the next level – giving our customers the best in usage-based insurance and connected car services.”
Additional DriveSync 5 enhancements include new scoring options, simplified enrollment, intelligent push notifications, mobile analytics, driver leaderboards, and more.
Insurers are invited to get a hands-on demo of DriveSync 5, and can sign up for trials at:
- Telematics North America — Chicago, Illinois, April 27-28
- Insurance Telematics Canada — Toronto, Ontario, April 28-29
For more information on DriveSync 5, visit www.intellimec.com/DriveSync5.
About Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS)
Established in 1999, IMS is a leader in connected car technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. The unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, IMS technology revolutionizes industries. For more information, visit www.intellimec.com.
Source: Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc.